Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Good morning all.

No sunshine Karma to be sent from here, but you can have some of the fog if you would like it? Mind you, please keep the white stuff because I can't get out and about when it's slippy because I'm paranoid about doing my ankle in again.

When we moved, it was from a four bedroomed bungalow to a two bedroomed. Many, many, many runs to the tip. My theory with the loft (we had been in that bungalow for 22 years so you can imagine) was that if it hadn't come down in the past year, out it went. Even the photo's in the many albums were scanned and the albums thrown (that was the most wrenching part of it but there were boxes and boxes of them). Some of the boxes up there were still unopened from the move to that bungalow so were of no use whatsoever.

I used to love my Carmen heated rollers in 'the good old days'. They were pretty useful for a quick tidy up between finishing work at the shoe shop and starting work in the bar at night. Saturdays was the worst day though as I didn't get home until 6 pm and had to go down to the bar at half past to open up at 7 pm (we lived at the club - mum and dad were steward/stewardess). I used to love it though, even though they were long days/nights. I was 15 then

Town today, but it looks like a wrap up warm day with all this fog.

Have a good 'un all - weather permitting
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Morning all

It's beautiful sunshine here, but had to scrape the car this morning for my fruitless journey to work...only to be told that since I'm not on a contract I didn't have to come in and I should go home again....so a 40 odd mile journey for almost nothing...I did get some shopping we were needing on the way back though.

Since I'm up and about I'm going to catch up with the ironing mountain and get that done, don't have to go back to work till Wednesday which is ace cause two periods on Wednesday I have free Woop Woop
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Carmen heated rollers? I remember them - great for semi-straightening curly hair before the days of hair straighteners.

Now my hair is too short even to look at a roller!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 11:48 AM
I had two sets of Carmen heated rollers and they were brilliant.

However, I've not had long-ish hair for many years and decided to be extra nice (or stupid - you choose) to my big sister and give them to her. She uses them constantly.

Sadly, Carmen no longer exist, so all I was left with was Babyliss which were nothing short of useless.

I have a hotbrush which works pretty well, but with the length of my hair and this damp, drizzly weather, I wanted something with a bit more oomph.

Ah, well.... back to the straggly look
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Yes, the hotbrush is fantastic for long hair, lift and bounce and curls if you want them, much better than the heated rollers anyway Vicki!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2