Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-10-2012, 11:34 AM
'afternoon Vicki and all of you

Hope that you get the problems sorted V it's been going on for a while now hasn't it and it's demoralising when no one seems to care and some people just glory in making work life intolerable for those around them. I've been there, it's one of the reasons I was happy to bin the day job.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
but the seller was a little naughty because although she said it was a Schott medium, she had photo'd it on a size 14 hanger which sorta gave the impression to thickos like me that it was bigger.
Naughty is not the word I would use, devious more like OK she was selling it for much less than new and had hardly been worn but that doesn't excuse the photo, being the cynic I now am I would say that was deliberate.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Afternoon Vicki, afternoon all,

Still no break in the weather which means another sky-high electricity bill due - my neighbour is already fighting the water company as the latest bill was four times higher than usual. As she is out most of the time and is away every weekend, and I know I do not use much water, something has gone very wrong with the meter. We think it could have something to do with all the work laying new mains that has been going on for most of the year, and that somehow they have caused problems to the supply to our meter.

Madam had a fight with another dog just before we went to bed late yesterday evening - I heard her "gerroff out of my yard" warning bark, then a dog screeching [I knew it was not Pereg though] and by the time I managed to get outside Pereg was stalking up and down with an "I told it to gerroff" look on her face - and a rather large scruffy white dog slinking away.

She came straight in when I called her and I checked every last square centimetre of her, knowing what happened in March last year, but luckily no puncture wound or anything this time. The other dog? Probably a stray dumped dog, and if it insisted on coming into our yard after Pereg's warning, then I am sorry but I will not blame her for seeing it off.

Time, I think, for the dog catchers to be called out to pick up all the strays. I hate people who treat dogs as a throwaway toy to be dumped when they are bored with it.

SIGH
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2