Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sasmi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2009, 03:23 PM

Blissful walk.

Had the most wonderful walk today with Malachai, 7 mth clumber. I'm still walking him on his own as our bullie is increasingly dog aggressive and the retriever just can't keep up, he's 11 now. Decided to take the big step (for me) of walking him in the woods rather than the field or park. I'd stuck to these so I could always see him and practise his recall.
He was fantastic. He went beserk at all the undergrowth and bushes to run about in, but came back every time I called. He found a retriever to play with, but came back when I called and walked away. Only slight hiccup was when he was playing with a very vocal cocker, but maybe he couldn't hear me!!
I am so pleased with him as we have done all our own training and he works so well, he's so clever. I have never enjoyed a walk more.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 03:31 PM
It sounds lovely. Sometimes we forget to celebrate it when it all comes together, so well done!....erm, where are the piccies?
sasmi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Didn't even occur to me to take the camers. Next time!!