Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Nina Ottosson? I had never heard of them till todays searching. Some of thenm look quite good am going to have a look at them as he is a bright dog and likes to hunt for his kong or ball so these toys might be a good idea - thank you
I have four of these for Jess, and if your poochie needs to stay laying down, I wouldn't recommend them in all honesty as Jess stands to "work" them.
Daredevil
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Just wated to send my love to Ben. Hope he is feeling a lot better soon. x
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Sorry no advice but I too send my best to Ben and hope he is feeling much better really soon xxxxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 10:47 PM
What about tying the kong to the roof of the cage so that it always stays within his reach? might be safer than tying to his collar?

What about wrapping and tying bits of food in a cloth so that he has to work to get them?

apart from that I can only think of the normal treats etc.I will keep on thinking and ask in my pet shop as they are fab on individual advise.

Is there an address where we could send presents to him? That way if we sent wrapped gifts he could work on opening them?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 06:19 AM
So sorry I must have missed your original post about poor Ben

I don't have any better ideas than have already been posted but wanted to send you all my love and hope that he starts to feel better very soon xxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks everyone. The vet seemed happy yesterday with his kong and also said they were hiding bits of treats under his bedding and rugs so that he could still feach them. He is able to "shuffle on his bum using his front paws to drag himself and they don't seem concerned about this at all and said that when Stuart was with him if he did that not to worry as they hope that eventually he will actually use the legs.

Rach thats great idea about tying the kong to the cage will ask about that today.

Jesterjenn thank you for that, they look great games think I will get him one as a homecoming pressie I like the tornado bones one.

Thanks everyone x
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 08:38 AM
I saw something recently that I thought was fantastic, and I have heard very good reports on them, you put treats in the different sections and the dog has to work out how to move the different trays to fget to the treats, it keeps dogs busy for ages,

http://www.traininglines.co.uk/new-s...do-3089-0.html

Mo
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I saw something recently that I thought was fantastic, and I have heard very good reports on them, you put treats in the different sections and the dog has to work out how to move the different trays to fget to the treats, it keeps dogs busy for ages,

http://www.traininglines.co.uk/new-s...do-3089-0.html

Mo
Thanks Mo, I saw that yesterday but your link is the cheapest I have seen them so thank you

I am definitely swaying towards getting one
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 09:05 AM
hiya

as Fudgeley said are we able to send Ben anything nice ?? Let us know by Pm if we are allowed to and the address to send it too..

Dont know if he likes shredding stuff but a cheap option would be the inside of toilet rolls - bruno loves these - they dont last long but it doesnt matter as they cost nothig !!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2