Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 08:45 PM

Get well soon Woody!

Well, it seems to be one thing after another with this young man! We have a very poorly pup on our hands and it's his 8 month birthday today too.

He's been off his food since Sunday night and has had really bad diarrhoea. Following a trip to the vets today we're now having to starve him for 24 hours then try him on boiled chicken and rice only.

Not sure what it is as he is constantly swimming in the river and eating various bits of fauna before we've been able to stop him but this is not my Woody!! I've never known him so calm and subdued. Poor little boy has slept for 2 days, I want my crazy monster back ;o(

Get well soon Woody!! xx

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Aw get well soon Woody.Bless. Could well eb something in the water..plus his immune system will be low after his op.Lots of healing hugs coming from here xxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Get well soon little man.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys. Isn't it awful when they're poorly, especially when he wont take his Kaolin and doesn't seem to be drinking much.

I keep having to give him a mil at a time on my finger and cupping my hands with water for him as he's just not interested otherwise.

He's just lying there and his breathing is SO slow.

I think it's all the river water but I'm also thinking of changing his food. He does 2 hard poos a day and the rest are always soft. We've had to have his anal glands emptied twice in 6 months now so I think he needs something less for his tum as it's clearly abit sensitive.

It's a Royal Canin/Arden Grange draw though so just need to make up my mind ;o)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Just put Cosmo on Arden Grange...have fed Royal Canin before...prefer the AG...Tango is on it too. Both doing very well. Cosmo is pooing less than he was on the Burns and Tango does 2 lovely ones a day!!!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Poor Woody hope he's soon feeling better xx
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Poor little man. Hope he will be ok.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Poor boy. get well soon Woody. Big wags and licks from Cassie. xxx
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Aww I hope Woody is feeling better soon. Out of the two foods you mentioned I would try Arden Grange, because the ingredients are pretty good and they are an ethical company with regards to animal testing.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Poor Woody, hope he's better soon.

Monty had the same thing over a weekend about a month ago, it was horrible as the vets weren't open and it was the first time since we got him that he'd been ill.

We were also told to starve him for a day then feed him rice and chicken only and were given tablets to mix into his food. It took him a few days before he was back to normal but it was horrible. I was so worried about him.

If you want to know what the tablets were that he was on let me know and i'll dig them out and let you know.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >