Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2021, 09:07 AM

Changeable weather Monday 17th May 2021

Yep it is me again. Wonder where everybody is. Housework I suspect or gardening while it is dry. Been for my walk early, came back and did flatwork, not housework as it isn't. bg!! Sorted out Tesco for Wednesday's delivery. I love doing it online as I can see what has altered each day. Have a good day all. bfn
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2021, 09:24 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Pleased you enjoyed your early walk

Overcast with sunny periods here. Out early with Teazle but put the washing through the tumble dryer as it looked suspect. Changed both the beds and one lot in the machine so hoping it stays dry so I can hang out one lot. Also been busy on the phone. Discovered that we must have a leak under the shower upstairs as brown stains on the ceiling in utility room. How long they have been there don't know and don't know why I saw them yesterday. Waiting for the company who installed it to come and have a look to see if it is covered by them although installed 3 years ago. If not will have to find a plumber. Had trouble finding a phone number and everyone I found only dealt with car insurance but I managed to talk to a very nice lady who gave me the home number and transferred me.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2021, 10:09 AM
Start of the penultimate stage of lockdown any thoughts anyone?

Morning all a suspected out and about while the sun shines here not making hay but my equivalent. Gert out washing done on the line, breakfast eaten and now sitting down would like to be in the garden but honestly much too wet and as I want to do involves "groundworks" as such will end up a mud bath so holding off.

Brenda have a good day.

Sue Opps............hope you get sorted. How is Brazil getting on with the virus any news? and can you see your other lad now?

HAve a good day all catch you later sun is shinning hay to make. LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2021, 02:46 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Well funny weather all day, overcast when we dropped the car at the garage and walked back with Dillon.
Not long ago rained heavily now sun is shining.

Kind of looking forward to getting back to normal Kazz as long as it's taken slowly and the majority of people are sensible.
Mark got his 1st jab yesterday. Still 39 till end of August.

Hope the shower is covered Sue.

Stay safe everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2021, 07:30 PM
Good evening all.

Overcast mainly today but some sunshine this afternoon. Quite mild so nice for our walk.

I don't think the pubs and events will be open long before we go back a stage in the lockdown roadmap, Kazz. The Indian variant seems to be taking off at pace

Was talking to a couple of the staff at McD's this morning who said they can't believe how stupid are being especially with it being the first day of indoor opening.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2021, 10:21 PM
Evening all.
Mums not well today...her chest is bad with an infection so I have cooked my dad's dinner and done the ironing for her.... blooming wrist is sore now
Dad went out with one of his brothers tonight..... probably something to do with it being the day that their dad died ( good riddance). Luckily I cooked my dad a fry up as he and his brother are absolutely hammered!!! I got a phone call asking could I call a taxi to the pub for my uncle....so I tried, they need a destination address, I don't speak to my family so I have no clue. Tried to call my dad back.....phone off, tried calling my uncle...kept cutting me off, ended up calling the pub and the assistant manager rich told me he had suggested they head to the shops to try and get a cab......I had to go out half dressed with soaking wet hair to try and find them. If someone asked you to get a taxi to go to the pub, would you think they were at the pub??? Yeah, me too!!! I got to the pub, no sign of them,walked off towards the shops and found them halfway there.... Both absolutely hammered, I went nuts at my dad and my uncle just kept laughing...I called a taxi for him and asked where he lived...I managed to decipher his slurring and then he asked who I was talking to..... blooming weirdo. I said to my dad I really wouldn't want to be you.....he couldn't understand what the problem was, I explained his wife is very poorly, the dog is sick and waiting for me to get her to bed and I have had to go out half bloody dressed with soaking wet hair, I looked a right state and I have been seen in that state....ohhhhhh