bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
an imbalance.

Also, i wouldnt feed tripe got no goodness in it, yuck
nothing wrong with Tripe as long as it is feed as part of a balanced diet
but i would agree dont feed dry and raw together.

and dont worry about the not for pets bit, i think its added just for tax reasons it will do your dogs no harm if feeding it right
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2005, 10:23 PM
I would agree with the tripe thing, it's just a cows stomach so should be fine to feed your dog! Woody would give anything to eat something real!!!
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
I would agree with the tripe thing, it's just a cows stomach so should be fine to feed your dog! Woody would give anything to eat something real!!!
my first stafford was given raw cicken once as a treat and from that day until she passed would eat nothing but raw. if yo uput tinned down (before i know it was crap) she would not even look at it and would go days with out eatting if i tried that you dont eat that you get nothing thing. so in the end she was feed raw and now i would feed nothing eles
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah I would love to feed Woody raw but with still living at home it would get complicated when I'm not here and he's on such a small amount of food being as old as he is that I'd probably over feed him! Will definitely keep it in mind for the future though!
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-04-2005, 06:10 AM
I would take a guess that the tripe you bought was from AMP and the reason it had for working dogs only on the pack is because by stating it is for working dogs only, it is vat free. You can buy a lot better tripe fom Landywoods at a much better price than from the pet stores.....Cheers...Ian..
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2005, 09:47 AM
yeah but if you dont have the freezer space (like i think he said he did not) then the best please to get it is the pet shop where you can get it 1 bag at a time.

i have been back on the Landywoods site and emailed them, are they anygood at getting back to you or will i have to phone them?
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Landywoods usually get back by email but i did hear they are moving premises so that could account for the delay maybe, but i still would have thought they would have returned your email.The thing i found with the pet shop tripe is that it is washed so all the nutrients etc have been washed out. If you use green tripe [unwashed] it is far better if you can get it.Have a look at the website www.greentripe.com and it gives you a analysis of it. Just a shame they can't come up with something to mask the smell lol.I have just started feeding the meat and veg mix from Landywoods aswell and it seems good.It is made up of tripe,lambs hearts,carrots and cabbage [minced up] so you are getting the full range of vitamins etc available...Cheers...Ian.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
i have been back on the Landywoods site and emailed them, are they anygood at getting back to you or will i have to phone them?
Never came back to me Nat
I phoned an order and the lady said to email it through but they never responded
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2005, 03:17 PM
The lady at Landywoods is called janet, as they have been moving to new premises, they have been having some problems, and expansion to their business has been quite rapid so they are working hard to meet demand, also they have changed their web address recently, and were under the impression the old adress was no longer availeable but as it was both web addresses were, consequently people were contacting them on the old address, when Landywoods were dealing with orders received from their new address. normally if you call Janet will get back to you the same day, if you put an order in by email thats your order ordered, so if you have concerns give them a ring to ensure they have receied it

Mo
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2005, 04:25 PM
I feed mine a 1kg a day, that usually involves a couple of chicken carcasses in the morning or a trotter then either some brisket, wild rabbit, lambs ribs abit later on.

He won't eat liver either only if its cooked, its great as a treat.

And no more runny poo, its cleared up a treat and is now white and crubbly and not like a sloppy milkshake.

I get 50 carcasses for under a fiver.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4