View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 08:29 PM
At the kennels I work at, (it's quite big - around 40-50 kennels), we don't really have that many new clients, as they have that many 'regulars' who come back all the time!
The regulars have priority over new people!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kady
Where abouts do you live? I have a lot of doggy friends who live all over the country & I could ask for a recommendation. I live in Yorkshire & I only ever put my dogs in one kennels because I know they will get attention & they will be walked & be fine However the kennels is only a small one (9 kennels only)

Kady
I live in Dorset, the kennels is in Sherbourne!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 11:36 PM
i used to work in kennels but i reckon depends on the dogs u know, i know mine would just have a fit in a kennels! but then some dogs are relaxed about it

just make sure they are clean and they ask for vacs and kennel cough jabs and it dont smell and u have a good look around and u trust the kennels works and owners!

if u not happy with it then dont use them

good luck
min_tbs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Hello. thanks for your replies they have been helpful.
Kady I live In Southport (Merseyside.)
I've been told theres a good one not so far from here, a small place, so I'm going to check it out!
thanks again
jen
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 08:38 PM
I'll be reading your replys with interest as i too have got to kennel gemma next year for the first time, i do know people who work in kennels and i think theres probly good and bad as in all things, but i feel i dont have a choice as i need to have her somewhere theres a vet to hand in case she needs him/ her as she suffers with occasional fits which is a extra worry , but i feel im just going to have to trust my own instincts and ask loads of qustions and watch gemmas reactions to the people we meet with her befor we leave her, im sure she'll be fine , as will your parents dogs.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Teagan will be kennelled where I work next year.
It will be for nearly 2 1/2 weeks.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 02:40 PM
we kennelled blackie for a week when we got married because we had no one to look after him. we were not happy about the kennels where he went and we will find any other way of looking after him while we are away. he smelt really bad when we came back and was trying to get in the car before it was opened for him. there is supposed to be a good kennel near southampton called lone dog ranch or something similar
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 04:36 PM
we kennelled blackie for a week when we got married because we had no one to look after him. we were not happy about the kennels where he went and we will find any other way of looking after him while we are away. he smelt really bad when we came back and was trying to get in the car before it was opened for him
Why? Did you not check them out thoroughly first? Some dogs do NOT cope well with boarding and its NOTHING to do with the kennels, its the dog!
Dawn.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 05:15 PM
thats true dawn

no matter how good the kennels are my dogs would hateeeeeee it so bad!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 05:25 PM
You never know Hayley, till they try it, most dogs surprise us.
Dawn.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >