Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 07:53 PM

Crufts today !

I have been at Crufts today on the Discover Dogs Greyhound stand , it has been a lovely day , Bella has been a star , on the train journey there and back and meeting dogs of all shapes and sizes, she was an absolute credit to her breed the way she behaved on the stand and walking through the trade stands with me. We have 2 potential hounds with new homes , one an oldie who is a lovely lad and it looks promising he will finally have a sofa ! The couple interested came back to the stand 7 times to make sure no one else was interested ! I have seen some breeds for real I have never seen before and still know one day I will have a whippet, a saluki and a sloughi ! its funny when you have only seen pics of dogs and they are smaller/larger in real life ! My hounds have enough treats to to last a year and Bella has a great girly bling collar, back there on Sunday on hound day , cant wait !
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Sounds like a great day, I'm glad you and Bella enjoyed yourselves.

Well done on the potential rehomings too!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
I have been at Crufts today on the Discover Dogs Greyhound stand , it has been a lovely day , Bella has been a star , on the train journey there and back and meeting dogs of all shapes and sizes, she was an absolute credit to her breed the way she behaved on the stand and walking through the trade stands with me. We have 2 potential hounds with new homes , one an oldie who is a lovely lad and it looks promising he will finally have a sofa ! The couple interested came back to the stand 7 times to make sure no one else was interested ! I have seen some breeds for real I have never seen before and still know one day I will have a whippet, a saluki and a sloughi ! its funny when you have only seen pics of dogs and they are smaller/larger in real life ! My hounds have enough treats to to last a year and Bella has a great girly bling collar, back there on Sunday on hound day , cant wait !
Hahaha once a pointy lover always a pointy lover
Well done Bella, glad you all had a good time
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Mannng Discover Dogs is very rewarding isn't it? The dogs get knackered though and I never wanted to speak to anyone for about a week afterwards!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Mannng Discover Dogs is very rewarding isn't it? The dogs get knackered though and I never wanted to speak to anyone for about a week afterwards!

It sure is , its being on duty all day and the dogs too ! Bella is flat out now but was so proud of her especially as it was Toy and Utilty day lots of little fluffies about and she was cool ! She was showing off with her sit, paw, down ,leave it and made the training effort all worthwhile when people see you can train a grey ! And bonus in a couple of potential homes especially for the oldie !
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hahaha once a pointy lover always a pointy lover
Well done Bella, glad you all had a good time
Thank you we had a lovely day and yes pointies always !
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 09:20 PM
I probably walked past you a couple of times They greyhound stalls always had plenty of people around them.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
I probably walked past you a couple of times They greyhound stalls always had plenty of people around them.
Pity I didnt see you ! and yes we were very busy especially for a first day, lots of interest in the hounds and lots of donations in the money bins !
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Sounds like you had a great day & well done Bella for being a good girl & of course we want to see pics of her in her new bling collar
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Sounds like you had a great day & well done Bella for being a good girl & of course we want to see pics of her in her new bling collar
Thank you , I will post pics tmoro , she is absolutely cream crackered tonight , I havent even tried it on her since we got back !
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >