Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
She is stunning! I'm not a dobie expert, but I would say go ahead and see how she does. As faults go, I would say it's a minor one. She's structurally stunning!
Thanks so much i guess i got too caught up in the whole eyebrow thing and the worry of getting up my courage to enter shows and being penalised heavily for the lack of an eyebrow.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
If you want to have a go at showing, and you and Merf enjoy it then show her.... She's almost 6 months old, so get some open show catalogues and get her entered

Yes it is a fault, but it's not that bad a fault .
It says in the breed standard that white markings are not desirable, yet i've seen Dobes being placed first with loads of white on their chests!
It's all down to the judge on the day

With regards to your ringcraft, the first one sounded crap
I hope the second one is better for you , A decent ringcraft can be great to help you learn how to show and handle
Thanks, i know next to nothing about showing so didn't even realise that dobes with white on their chest could be shown im hoping the new ringcraft will help me as the other one put me off which is why i didn't go back although i've been practising her stand and walk (is it called that?)
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
id give it a go. if shes nearly 6 months, get her in some minor puppy classes

like other people have said its only one fault, and its not a seriously bad fault, and it all depends on the judge.. so id give it a go
Thanks, guess i made it a bigger issue then i needed to, her breeder said she is is the spitting image of her sister which they kept for showing except for her eyebrow
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 06:44 PM
I think she's gorgeous!

When you do show her make sure you have her stood with her head in your right hand so that her tan eyebrow is facing the judge in the line up! You never know if you go first, by the time they're back judging the whole group they might've forgotten she's only one eyebrow!
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I think she's gorgeous!

When you do show her make sure you have her stood with her head in your right hand so that her tan eyebrow is facing the judge in the line up! You never know if you go first, by the time they're back judging the whole group they might've forgotten she's only one eyebrow!
love it !!!! i will give that a try
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 11:39 AM
I guess it depends on the judge as to what they think is a worse fault as they have to judge each dog on their individual merits and faults?

She is a lovely girl and in fab condition judging from that coat the way it is gleaming!

I wouldn't let it stop you from showing. Every dog has some kind of fault(s) there is no such thing as a perfect dog (although many in the ring would have you believe otherwise )
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I guess it depends on the judge as to what they think is a worse fault as they have to judge each dog on their individual merits and faults?

She is a lovely girl and in fab condition judging from that coat the way it is gleaming!

I wouldn't let it stop you from showing. Every dog has some kind of fault(s) there is no such thing as a perfect dog (although many in the ring would have you believe otherwise )
Thanks, everyone keeps asking me what i do to her coat to make it so glossy and the answer nothing shes jsut lucky im off to a new ring craft tomorrow so will see what they think of her (guy i spoke to is a championship judge) and see what she thinks of the class fingers crossed she enjoys it and doesn't bark at any men.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2