Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
Well done to you then. I lost my pedigree dog to pyometra last year and I can safely say hand on heart I dont wish to go though it again so any bitch I own whether pedigree or crossbreed will be spayed as soon as I can .

I fail to see what that has to do with "honesty"? I believe we should all be free to choose to neuter or not, people who neuter their dogs are not "better" owners than those who do not, neither is the reverse true.

Your dog, your choice.

Neutering decreases the risk of some health conditions and increases the risk of others.

We live in a "free speech country" or what I prefer to call a democracy, which means we are ALL free to choose, until and unless of course someone else BANS something else.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Sorry, don't want to interrupt too much, but what health condition risks increase due to neutering? Genuinely interested
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Bitch spaying has way more benefits than male neutering.

I'm also one of the many people that has an entire male and has not allowed him to add to the number of dogs in shelters...even with an entire bitch in the house!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Sorry, don't want to interrupt too much, but what health condition risks increase due to neutering? Genuinely interested
Any operation is a risk especially under GA.
I also choose not to neuter my dogs and have entire males and bitches living together. Every litter I have is planned.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3