Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 10:47 PM
From KC rule book
F3.47/14
Notwithstanding the provisions of these regulations, certain events which are not licensed by the Kennel Club may from time to time be recognised by the general committee of the Kennel Club.
The General Committe shall have the power to grant permission for Kennel Club registered dogs to be entered for such events. A judge, exhibitor or promoter will NOT be prejudiced by participation in these special unlicensed events.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Other than maybe a pedigree dog or bitch class and some old favourites

Classes will be fun,i am seriously considering fastest liver cake eater

Enteries:midday

Venue field/village hall_ contact council

I need to understand and write risk assessment

So far I have on my list

Stopwatch
Rosettes/trophies
Ring tape/stakes
Mats if indoor
Umbrellas
Contact councillors
M.p
Raffle
Talk to vicar/church
Judge
Ring stewards
taking enteries
First aid
Food hygiene
Police
Cobbydog
Toilets

I have no cash but wanna raise £200 so need to get all this for nothing,

Need to get permission to use logo on posters and charity number
Charity has public liability insurance,i am aiming for 24th march.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Instead of ring cards we used to get a cheap roll of plain stickers and just right the number on the top of the entry form and then on the sticker.
Good luck if I lived closer I'd have judged or stewarded for you.
It's worth contacting your local smaller petshop of well and asking about sponsership.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Ive had a look on cobbydog site but cant go further until I have a location,the field I had in mind has no public toilets doubt id get portaloos for free and cant see anyone donating a village hall,think my next option is to contact council to see if they,ll donate a field near public toilets or even better on site,other than ranger service which I"ll do in next day or to who else is best to contact.spoke to a friend today they,ll help when application confirmation arrives in post.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
Ive had a look on cobbydog site but cant go further until I have a location,the field I had in mind has no public toilets doubt id get portaloos for free and cant see anyone donating a village hall,think my next option is to contact council to see if they,ll donate a field near public toilets or even better on site,other than ranger service which I"ll do in next day or to who else is best to contact.spoke to a friend today they,ll help when application confirmation arrives in post.
Is there a local pub with a field behind who might let you have a freebie.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Having done this kind of thing before it is a tall ask to do with out spending some cash up front.
Most have to spend soemthing and then recoupe costs from profits.

The last one I helped at raised just under £2000 costs were minimal but some costs had to be paid up front venue being one of the unless you can get an organisation with premises to donate use for free but if you are cold calling thats a long shot.

Why would you need police
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Got event date confirmed with head office how do i persuade someone to let me have a field/village hall for free in March as i had to tick a box to promise ill donate all money raised, can you take back expenses if i cant find sponsorship
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Write to every dog food company, they sent us loads of stuff when I held an exemption dog show for the local Labrador rescue a few years ago. They also sent ring tape and numbers. We got leads and everything to give as prizes. Everybody went home with something and it was a really good profitable day.
Its a lot of hard work though and takes up loads of your time and you can't have enough helpers, especially on the day.
Keep a detailed list of any expenses for things you have to buy and then they can be deducted out of the final total.
We did go through the KC and we also persuaded the dog papers to advertise it for us free of charge, which mean't people travelled quite a distance to come to it.
I know there were people who travelled from kent and hertfordshire.
Remember you will also need lots of car parking spaces and don't forget a burger van.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2