View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2011, 11:20 PM

Organising a FUN dog show where do i find judges and ring stewards contact details ?

Hi everyone i,ve applied to hold a dog show in the south east March next year in aid of PDSA,Looking to raise at least £200 without paying nothing if possible,how do i contact judges and ring stewards? and apart from cobbydog whose best people to contact for sponsership for rossettes,ring tape,ring cards,safety pins etc.

Who do you ask at council about using local land/ village halls.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 12:24 PM
I would contact a local dog club. They will have a judges list and they may be able to tell you of a local printer they use. He will do you shedules or poster and so many ring numbers. If they are a small local printers they will often do the printing either very cheap or for free.

Rosettes they will tell you who you use but you can also google rosettes and a lot of suppliers will come up.

Most people are very helpful but you will also need to think about running raffles prizes or tombola on the day and you will need some extra hands besides stewards and judges.

People to take entry money and keep a record of classes and prizes for the classes.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2011, 01:03 PM
is event going to be KC licensed?
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2011, 04:57 PM
No not kc licenced.i have already put in fundraising application,the charity has public liability insurance.i looked into doing one ages back but never went further than a few emails making enquiries.the chari ty y doesnt wish event to be run under kc rules something to do with including everyone.i really wanna do this on my terms but need a little advice.i already have my eyes on a local council owned field I just need to find out who to contact at local council when fundraising pack arrives in post.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2011, 05:31 PM
whereabouts in sussex you thinking of holding it?
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2011, 06:09 PM
East Sussex,somewhere in hastings or st leonards
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
No not kc licenced.i have already put in fundraising application,the charity has public liability insurance.i looked into doing one ages back but never went further than a few emails making enquiries.the chari ty y doesnt wish event to be run under kc rules something to do with including everyone.i really wanna do this on my terms but need a little advice.i already have my eyes on a local council owned field I just need to find out who to contact at local council when fundraising pack arrives in post.
Well KC licensed fun shows still include everyone. If it is not a KC licensed event you are unlikely to get a huge amount of help from your local dog club.
Saying they don't want to KC license for that reason shows a lack of understanding or is just plain politics
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Let me know what date in March and venue when you do it and i'll find you a judge if you need one, or ask again when sorted on here again. In terms of ring cards. To be honest print your own or just get cards and write the numbers on. People don't expect fancy cards at fun dog shows and you'll want to keep your costs down. You can contact as many dog food companies that you can and they're generally very good and will send bags or sample bags for your prizes. Royal Canin have always been very generous when i've orgnaised dog shows but the last one they would only support if the charity was a dog one. Try James Wellbeloved, burns etc, they were great sending stuff out. Rossettes, phone around the area for the best deal. Let me know where you are roughly and i'll ask friends down there who they've used. You don't have to have KC, to be honest I only used them as i got the insurance through them as well, however if you are having pedigree classes, the beaten dog rule comes in useful. Adverts in the dog papers i would say are worth it. They were around £30 last time i did one (couple of years ago). Also there is a website that lists all the shows KC and not which loads of people refer to. Just google companion dog shows and it'll come up first as don't think i can put the link on here. The only other thing is if you are just using a field, you need to think about toilets in the area that are easily accessible. Food wise, if you don't want to do it. contact a burger type van in the area. They are normally happy to turn up, sometimes even pay you for the pitch. I don't know where you stand with the council as i've always used village halls etc, so hired the area.
If you need any help just PM me and only be to happy to help. Good luck, it's a lot of work but very rewarding in the end.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2011, 09:53 PM
as its not KC licenced i'm sure you can't have a judge who is on a judging list, i may be wrong.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2011, 10:36 PM
I need to ask but I do have friends with dogs that have judged companion shows.its the pdsa I want to raise at least £200 for as I ve volunteered for them 10yrs in jan.i will ask again about kc but it wasnt long ago they said no.only a few years.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >