Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post

TabithaJ I'm not sure about the fostering as this could be a long term situation but will look into it. Maybe she could end up in a great place, treated well and they would want to keep her.

Fostering does not have to be a 'forever' solution, it can be temporary.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 01:46 PM
how did things go with the herbal tablets and the crate?
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Dobermonkey not sure about a security job, would probably need a car but to be honest I would be scared to do a job like that, I don't like the dark

Jonesy and ramble, thanks for those names. Tabitha, thanks for the fostering suggestion.

Dobermann, I've got the crate up and she's gone into it without a problem, loads of bedding in it and a treat. She'll be thinking there's nowhere else to go. I haven't tried closing the door yet though. She's had 3 tablets so not noticed a remarkable difference yet.

I plucked up courage and phoned my boss today and told him I couldn't keep the job. I said I would go in next week and he said if I could go in for a day or two and he'll be in touch. He'll probably advertise on Monday and maybe get someone started on Tuesday or Wednesday. I feel really terrible about it, I hate letting people down and I was so pleased when he gave me the job. Ah well no more getting up at 5am
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Just a thought and I dont know what your job is but could you perhaps do a few hrs at home.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Still thinking of you 1cutedog, and I know that if there is any possible solution that means that Lana can stay with you, you will find it.

That took some courage to ring your employer with the bad news, but it's behind you now and a new solution to the money problem has to be found. How are your secretarial skills? I only ask, because maybe it will be possible to work from home doing work for companies that don't want to employ a full time secretary or whatever. Just a thought.

As to Lana getting used to her cage, even if she does that won't stop her from barking will it
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Morganstar, I actually work from home usually but not getting any sales lately which is why I took a job

Bitkin oooh I did feel terrible phoning the guy with the news.Whether he believed my reasons re Lana or not I don't know.

My secretarial skills? not as good as they used to be. I did set up a website last year offering typing from home but compared to other websites which were very professional looking and offering much more than I could mine looked home made It's tough getting near the top of the searches on google and I don't think anyone found my site. They could also accept loads of different file types which could be uploaded to their sites.

I'll maybe set a site up again else make up some flyers, will try the local college and also see if I can get a list of local small businesses and give them a ring. I think most people can type and do their own stuff but there must surely be some who are so slow at typing they would like someone to do it for them. I do have a dictaphone for tapes and there's software free on the internet for doing the things using different files. I am terrible with accents though, you wouldn't believe the rubbish I type because I don't understand what they are saying I'll have to try and make sure they are local.

No, the cage won't stop Lana barking but I had good results with the zylkene the last time I used it so I'm hoping it will work again. Maybe I should make Lana get a job and charge her dig money
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Well the solution is obvious then....you will have to stay home, and Lana will have to get a job! (Kidding of course)

I see you've found a solution for the moment, but I was going to suggest maybe a dog sharer for the day. Maybe an elderly/retired neighbor that would like some company during the day while you are gone. I did this for a while several years ago. Between work and school I was gone for 10 hours a day twice a week. Those two days I left Moxie with a client of our that had recently lost her little dog to kidney failure. She was retired and lived alone and wasn't ready for a new dog, but just loved getting to spend time with Moxie twice a week. She didn't charge me either.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Are there any agencies that you can join that will get you work from home? I know the few times I got stuck and needed work Brook Street turned me up something straight away, it was long term ongoing temp work both times, which was better than nothing. Admittedly it wasn't work from home but I imagine they must have some available. The key with agencies is to go in personally with your CV and talk to someone so you are a face and not just a piece of paper. Get that persons contact details...then hound the life out of them till they find you something! Worked for me
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Just been thinking about you and Lana. How's the situation now?
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Moon's Mum, thanks for asking. Well, I've left my job Haven't looked for anything else as my dad's now in hospital so I'm running about doing his bidding

I left Lana today for the first time, got a new dictaphone so I could record her. I was away for 27 minutes and she didn't make a sound. I didn't hear any running about either although the noise of the strimmers and mowers outside might have hidden it.

I'll keep recording her when I go out and see how she's doing, she goes to the dogsitter when I'm visiting my dad but it looks at the moment as though my dad might be in the hospital a while yet.

I'm hoping I'll get more sales in the run up to Christmas but everything else is being put on the back burner until I see what's happening with my dad but it doesn't look good, he's 85 and quite frail now so we're thinking they can only deal with the symptons but not do anything to treat him. We could be wrong of course so it's a case of waiting to find out.
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >