Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 09:35 PM

Beauceron Club UK Companion Show, 31st July *lotsa pics*

Had a lovely day out on Saturday in the Mendip hills, just south of Bristol, at the Beauceron Club UK Companion Show held at Overhill Kennels.

This was the club's 3rd annual show and it was lovely to see all the Beaucerons, including the rare Harlequins.

12 week old Harlequin Beauceron puppy

Adult Beauceron bitch

Harlequin Beauceron bitch
Apparently they often get darker as they mature

There were a few rare breeds to tick off in my I-Spy Book of Dog Breeds....

Korean Jindo bitch

Korean Jindo dog
Kindly posed by one of the younger Overhill kennels staff!

Kooikerhondje
6 month old puppy bitch. She was just stunning, so sweet and affectionate... Love at first sight! There may be a new breed on my wish-list, for the time I may not be able to have large dogs....She also showed her little socks off and made the cut for BIS.

Other gorgeous dogs at the show....

Sloughi

Another Sloughi
(one of these two won BIS)

Pretty lurcher

Husky x Collie - merled!

The show ran like clockwork. Earlier, before judging got underway, Meg Purnell-Carpenter gave a special unscheduled Ringcraft class as a £1 extra...

And of course I took the lovely Rue along for the day - although she wasn't in the best of moods, it's by far the biggest show we've been to so far and she may have been unsettled by the sounds of all the dogs in the kennels nearby (she is only 6 months out of rescue), but we very proudly came away with a 5th place rosette in a very strong class of 14 Veterans!

Also on my wish list is a better camera - as I seem to have as much fun going round meeting the dogs and taking photos as I do in the ring!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 09:41 PM
wow looks great, and so many rare and import reg breeds. Shame it was so far, I would have loved to go. Meg is a nice judge, very gentle with the dogs.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the wonderful pics, I really enjoyed them

So many beautiful dogs!!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2011, 07:17 PM
wow, first time I have seen a Harlequin Beauceron. Didnt even know they came in Harlequin!

As for that Sloughi
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Oh thank you so much for posting these I LOVE Beaucerons they are on my I would love to have list (but def need a bigger house) and the Jindo too I was actually researching Jindo's when I discovered Beaucerons.
So thanks so much I would have loved to have been there