Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 12:13 PM

Woof woof woof... grrrr

So today our neighbour decided to start work re-doing our side gates (he wants his doing and wants them matching so we're happy enough to get ours done so I don't need to swear and kick to get it to open on an evening).

Unfortunately our door-bark is going nuts at every hammer-tap thinking it's his nemesis the postman at the door.

Anyone got any ear plugs?!

(I'm actually seriously impressed though - had to go out this morning for a couple of hours, didn't realise he was going to take the gates down this morning and when I got back and saw he'd started I thought Layton would have gone nuts in the kitchen with the banging and someone down the side of the houses... just the usual trashing you get from a Kong Wobbler being gently persuaded to hand over his breakfast!)
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 02:19 PM
We had kids torturing us playing knick knock over a weekend a few weeks ago.
Rather than get annoyed at them I didn't react and it was a great training opertunity for the dogs to learn not to jump up barking each time either.
Hope your gate is finished soon and peace restored to your home.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 02:29 PM
The sooner they are done, the sooner you might be getting your new dog though.....
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
The sooner they are done, the sooner you might be getting your new dog though.....
That's just a case of waiting in rescue limbo now till they get one - neighbour's promised us we won't be left gate-less - he'll do what he can with rebuilding the frame today and get the old gate back on temporarily anyway... no luck with Operation Hound yet
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 02:47 PM
The right one will find you, you'll see.