View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2010, 06:40 PM
i have a second cousin who in my opinion was far too immiture at the time to have a pup (she was just 16 and just got her first house) i had seen her across the feild lift the pup up by its harness and i was mortified, i got her told off for that she didnt do it again, i was constantly hearing from her how the pup wouldnt behave etc so i went out got her a couple of training books for begginers and treats, showed her how to train the puppy properly and how clever this little girly was. i found out through her sister that she was constanly screaming at the pup and had been seen giving her a smack on the bum so i went straight round to her house told her i was going to show her exactly what she had been doing to the pup, i got her to stand up against the wall got right in her face and started screaming at her at the top of my lungs and then shouted now how would you like me to start hitting you while doing this, there were tears streaming down her face i think she understood a few days later she was ready to give up the pup and i found her a lovely new home where she is spoiled rotten , taken on at least a 3 hour walk everyday and is very well looked after. my cousin hasnt got another dog since she is 19 now
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't hesitate...there can never be a good enough reason for inflicting pain on an animal.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I would have to say something and would report it, there is no excuse to beat a dog.
mumof5
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2010, 08:41 PM
i would step in every time, even if i was putting myself in an uncomfitable position.

i also took a puppy off someone in the park near where i used to live because she thought it was funny and was activly encouraging her children to kick and punch the poor thing.

my dad is a very proud and loving owner of billy now
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I would report them, dogs dont have the power of speech, They cant say "please stop you are hurting me" and they cant say "please help me stop being beaten".. it is up to us humans to help those dogs in need, and report the owners to hopefully get the dog away from any abuser..
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that I would intervene. and report.

mo
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 12:25 PM
If I was in the fields/woods/park and someone had their dog by its collar/scruff and was raining down punches and kicks... I would scream at them 'What the f*** do you think you are doing you b******?' then wait for reaction... before coming home and phoning RSPCA/dog warden and reporting what dog and whereabouts abuse happened...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 12:28 PM
A few years ago I was at the Woods, just coming back to the Car Park when the family from hell all tipped out of their car with the staffy who joyfully ran riot, ignoring the Son, who finally grabbed it and started to clout it with the lead.
Excuse me, I said, advancing on the tribe, and in my best Headmistressy voice gave them a Recall lesson and a bag of treats. The Son and the Muvva mumbled their thanks
Moving away from the disreputable but somewhat chastened tribe, I said to my friend - There we are - you can speak to people and they`ll change.
She pointed out that I`d had two enormous German Shepherds grinning beside me during the lecture. Both beautifully at heel and looking primed to go.
So - speak softly, but carry a big stick, as the saying goes.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
A few years ago I was at the Woods, just coming back to the Car Park when the family from hell all tipped out of their car with the staffy who joyfully ran riot, ignoring the Son, who finally grabbed it and started to clout it with the lead.
Excuse me, I said, advancing on the tribe, and in my best Headmistressy voice gave them a Recall lesson and a bag of treats. The Son and the Muvva mumbled their thanks
Moving away from the disreputable but somewhat chastened tribe, I said to my friend - There we are - you can speak to people and they`ll change.
She pointed out that I`d had two enormous German Shepherds grinning beside me during the lecture. Both beautifully at heel and looking primed to go.
So - speak softly, but carry a big stick, as the saying goes.
Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2010, 12:44 PM
If someone was beating their dog - would you report them?

Yes I would and yes I have. It should not automatically be assumed that reporting a person will result in them being punished in some way or that there will be ill feeling, it can lead to help and support .
I reported a neighbour to the RSPCA when I saw her boyfriend (who lived with her intermittently ) ill treating her new puppy and because of various other incidents (negligence rather than cruelty) which lead me to believe at that time the person was unable to cope with her existing dogs .

The RSPCA inspector arrived that afternoon and I understand spoke to the person in question. He also went around a number of houses asking neighbours if they had witnessed any incidents.

After that the RSPCA van was regularly outside the persons house and I understand the RSPCA Inspector gave the woman help and advice which enabled her to keep her dogs without them coming to further harm.

In another incident I reported my then boss a kennel manager for cruelty to the kennel owner knowing it was my word against his. This was a very difficult situation for me because I was a young and inexperienced girl in a 'live in' job and the person in question was an experienced middle aged man in a position of power over me and could have made my life very difficult. I was listened to by the kennel owner but had already made my mind up to find another job and left so am not sure what the outcome was thought I do know the kennel owner would not tolerate cruelty.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »