View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:20 AM
I guess the press do sensationalise things," ripped apart "is a very emotive expression.I guess I don't want to dwell too much on this story as I don't know all the facts.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I have found the story and the dogs are Staffie crossbreeds so that could mean almost anything..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-terriers.html
It's all very sad including the comments some people have posted on that page e.g The sooner the SBT is wiped from the earth the better.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I have found the story and the dogs are Staffie crossbreeds so that could mean almost anything..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-terriers.html
Thanks for that, so the story is true, how awful.Do you see the comment from a reader in response to this that staffies should be wiped from the face of the earth! Thats what worries me, although I feel so sorry for the poor Collie and its owners, its the backlash against Staffies that concerns me as well.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Thanks for that, so the story is true, how awful.Do you see the comment from a reader in response to this that staffies should be wiped from the face of the earth! Thats what worries me, although I feel so sorry for the poor Collie and its owners, its the backlash against Staffies that concerns me as well.
Yes and also the comment that says , even the crosses of these dogs are lethal.

Some people will just blindly believe what they read and not bother researching further in order to make an educated opinion of their own.
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I have had to stop reading all articles online like this whether in the Mail or even on the BBC as it's the comments that people post that bother me more often than the article itself. You really worry about the people and the world around you.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:33 AM
I worry about people who make blanket statements like the idiot at the end of the article.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Yes and also the comment that says , even the crosses of these dogs are lethal.

Some people will just blindly believe what they read and not bother researching further in order to make an educated opinion of their own.
Exactly, but sadly this misinformation lodges in the minds of the ignorant and helps to create a feeling of mistrusts against all Staffies

I don't read national newspapers, they are full of ill-informed rubish...
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I worry about people who make blanket statements like the idiot at the end of the article.
Yes and part of me feels sorry for them. What a dull life always to take as gosple what is written in papers and said by others, one can only assume that they are not intelligent enough to think for themselves.

But then they do say that ignorance is bliss.....so i must pressume that they are very very happy people!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Yes and part of me feels sorry for them. What a dull life always to take as gosple what is written in papers and said by others, one can only assume that they are not intelligent enough to think for themselves.

But then they do say that ignorance is bliss.....so i must pressume that they are very very happy people!
Nice one !!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Exactly, but sadly this misinformation lodges in the minds of the ignorant and helps to create a feeling of mistrusts against all Staffies

I don't read national newspapers, they are full of ill-informed rubish...
Tell me about it!

Tonks and I have our own little re education program running. I take her everywhere i can, shops, pubs, my grandmothers care home, fairs, country shows. I make a point of taking her out, one to make sure she is very well socialized, and secondly to show people that you can have a good, well behaved, calm, friendly staffy.

We have had some bad experiences with people....and their dogs, pressuming that Tonks is aggressive, but we took a piece of adivce from Ian Dunbar and got her a really pink and girly collar with hearts on it.....and it really seems to have worked!

Hopefully we will be able to change even more minds if we realise our aim of becoming PAT volunteers.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »