View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tipsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-02-2012, 12:49 PM

Recommendations on dog beds and dog coat?

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good dogs bed? At the moment I tend to buy single duvets for poppy, and fold them up to make a nice big cushion in her plastic dog bed... however I find that they getting dirty and smelly really quickly, and that after a while she pulls all the stuffing out lol! Has anyone found a long wearing, durable but comfy dog bed (pref one that can be washed in a washing machine?)?

Also, Poppy will be going to an outside doggy day care once every couple of weeks, so I wanted to buy her a dog coat to keep the chill out on cold days (they have inside quarters but knowing her she will insist on staying outside and playing no matter the weather)... has anyone found a good quality, shower and windproof coat that wont slip about when she's running round like a loon playing with the other dogs, rolling in mud puddles etc?

Thanks in advance

Claire
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 02:35 PM
I'd recommend Equafleece coats If you do a search you'll find lots of threads on both coats and beds. I have a Tuffies bed with a fleece cover which my 2 love. I am getting a Hi-K9 bed very soon and am hoping they will like that too!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 02:49 PM
I just use vetbed, bought on ebay. It's cheap and easy to chuck in the washing machine and so far none of the destroyers have destroyed them!!

Equafleece for jacket
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 02:56 PM
I use single duvets for my dogs, with duvet covers. The covers may get chewed but they are easily replaceable from the charity shop. The duvets go in the washing machine regularly. Why don`t you just stick them in the machine?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 03:20 PM
I have Tuffies woven mattresses (www.tuffies.co.uk) as our practical everyday beds and would now never use anything else. Nothing I've seen ever matches the quality of these. They are extremely hard wearing, don't go flat, are waterproof, super easy to quickly wash/hose down and don't retain any smell.

They sell a couple of different types of mattresses and if your dog likes 'donut' shaped beds with sides, they also sell those. They also do a range of fleecy covers if your dog likes something a bit softer. Mine are happy with just the mattresses though.

Tuffies are the only bed my chief destroyer (whom has consumed many beds, cushions, etc.) has NOT touched.

They are not cheap but ultimately you get what you pay for with dog beds. I would never use another smelly duvet or fabric bed again -- they are completely impractical IMO. I'd rather spend that bit extra on a quality product than on one I have to keep replacing and washing time after time.
tipsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the replies, ill def have a look into all of them

At the moment I use single duvets and covers, and do just hung them in the washing machine, but seem to be forever washing them as they tend to hold smells and mud really badly and so forever look filthy! Lol! Think I need something tough that repels mud ha ha
X x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Vet bed is brilliant - cosy, warm, wicks away moisture, and goes in the washing machine. Just beware of buying too cheaply though, you need the real stuff.

As others have said, Equafleece coats are superb.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Like Labradork I am a tuffies fan.

They are superb, no risk of ruining your washing machine, or clogging up the pipes with hair etc as they are just hosed off.

they retain their plumpness and although expensive on initial purchase, on a cost per use basis well worth the money.

Both mine are several years old with no degradation of looks, washability, thickness.

They do not harbour parasites, dust mites or smell. And of course being completely waterproof are great if you have damp dogs or incontinent ones.

I cannot imagine ever selecting another type of bed.

Equafleeces are great, I use them post exercise in cold weather or post swimming not WHILST exercising as of course they are warm then.

They are NOT totally waterproof though.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Another tuffies fan here!! Id bought lots of different beds for my lot but after a couple of washes they all clumped up and went horrible.
I would never go back to other beds now after the tuffies.
I just put mine in the shower and scrub with washing up liquid then rinse and leave to dry for an hour
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Just bought my dog this one only had it 2 days and she loves it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scruffs-67...ht_1908wt_1270
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >