Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2007, 07:24 PM

Just been offered a job

Pica Training, based in London, they're looking for people with a knowledge of computers to train other folks in my area.

How did they know I build computers ?

They say it's a part time job and I can choose how many hours I work, it's ideal for retired folks they say, no financial commitment is required, they say.

Beats me how I came to their attention ?
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 08:09 PM
It's surprising how much people can find out about you. If you write blogs, then consider yourself to be on a poster that can be seen by millions. One of the online recruitment agencies here has an article about how slamming your boss in a blog can get you OFF the interview list if you are job searching
Similarly, don't talk on ANY forum about things that you would rather the Inland Revenue/Social Security didn't know about. They don't need informers any more, they have enough to do chasing up people posting information ... however casually......
On the plus side, strangely enough I was approached out of the blue by my last employer and I never found out how they heard about me. It was a great job, unfortunately it didn't work out for reasons only known to themselves but it might have been a great opportunity so take a look if you are interested in this one.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
It's surprising how much people can find out about you. If you write blogs, then consider yourself to be on a poster that can be seen by millions. One of the online recruitment agencies here has an article about how slamming your boss in a blog can get you OFF the interview list if you are job searching
Similarly, don't talk on ANY forum about things that you would rather the Inland Revenue/Social Security didn't know about. They don't need informers any more, they have enough to do chasing up people posting information ... however casually......
On the plus side, strangely enough I was approached out of the blue by my last employer and I never found out how they heard about me. It was a great job, unfortunately it didn't work out for reasons only known to themselves but it might have been a great opportunity so take a look if you are interested in this one.
No thanks Gill, I aint interested, i just want an easy life, I got out of the rat race 10 years ago.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Your doing really well for 75.

You certainly don't look it.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Your doing really well for 75.

You certainly don't look it.
Colin, you norty boy, I retired early at 55 I've got lazy.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Colin, you norty boy, I retired early at 55 I've got lazy.
I would love to retire in 5-years time at 55, but to be honest I really enjoy what I do, plus I think I would still need the money then.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2007, 07:25 AM
It was my plan to retire at 55, but the best laid plans of mice and men........

Nice to be head hunted all the same, eh, Denis?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2007, 12:59 PM
It puzzled me as to how they got my name and address, then it came to me today.

I did a 17 week course in computing at the Falkirk College of Technology 14 years ago, methinks they've got access to the enrolment lists cos part of course is payed by the government.