Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Help! Printer Died! Urgent!

My trusty printer is used very lightly, but when I need it - I need it!
I went to switch it on the other day, and .... nothing! No power, dead as a dodo.
I have checked the power lead to make sure it is pushed firmly in at the back, I have cleaned the printer and hoovered out any dust/dog hairs I have changed the fuze on the plug, and tried another socket.
I took the top off but the whole area around the control panel is a sealed unit so nothing to see.
Any suggestions?
It's an Epson Stylus Photo R300.
I can't afford to have it looked at by the shop, or buy another one. I have no other means of printing.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I have no idea but there is online support and troubleshooter if its any help

[ This is the page for your model ]

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...oType=Overview
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Have you checked everything is seated correctly? Or tested out the cable, it may be the fault and not the printer.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Patch, thanks I've sent them an email as nothing on the troubleshooter is useful, so I'll wait and see what comes back.
Leo, not sure what I can check apart from not nibbled by kitten, the plug is a moulded one, I have changed the fuse and pushed the other end very firmly into the connection. I have the printer on the kitchen worktop so I can get to every bit of it easily.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 12:01 AM
I gave in today and went to the computer shop. The man in there is very reasonable. Looks like the printer has been hit by a power surge, he will open it up and see how much/how many of the boards are damaged and let me know.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-11-2007, 12:28 AM
If that's the case Gill (power surge) forget it, get a new one, unless the damage is'nt too severe.