Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 03:50 PM

My home made Christmas displays

I made a few home made decorations this Christmas that I thought I would share with you all. What do you think?

This is our table display. I chose an interesting shaped branch of holly and embedded it in some river stones in a glass vase. It's very simple but I love the effect.

This is a miniature conifer that I sprayed with fake snow and planted into a container. I then wrapped a branch of holly around the base, with some pine cones we collected on a walk. I also wrapped a cinnamon stick bundle with wire and bought a small fake present to complete the display. I've put it on the windowsill in the kitchen so it can be lit up through the window behind the blind.

The tree (decorated with the decorations Neil and I have bought for each other over the years. Woody had two this year also):

And finally, Woody waiting to open his gifts, drool included!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 03:57 PM
They look lovely, much better than mine. I just stuck the holly behind the mirror. It does boast lovely, red berries though.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
They look lovely, much better than mine. I just stuck the holly behind the mirror. It does boast lovely, red berries though.
Thanks.

Yours sounds great though, I find simple things like this look so much more effective. How long would you say your holly lasts?

This is the first time I've done anything like this and really enjoyed it. I can't wait for next year now and already have some different ideas ;o)
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Looks lovely, you're very clever x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Cool I'm not very artistic

My youngest Gdaughter gave me a Christmas arrangement that she proudly announced she had had made especially for me.
Turns out her boyfriends Mother makes them professionally. Very pretty it is too
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Thanks.

Yours sounds great though, I find simple things like this look so much more effective. How long would you say your holly lasts?

This is the first time I've done anything like this and really enjoyed it. I can't wait for next year now and already have some different ideas ;o)
Aw thanks. I don't know how long yet - I picked outside off the green on Christmas Eve and it's okay so far ...
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 05:55 PM
They look lovely - were you inspired by Kirstie's homemade Christmas then!! I was going to do a table decoration but hub bought me a hand tied bouquet, but I did make 5 stockings & a table runner. Next year am going to start early & have more ideas too!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Aw thanks. I don't know how long yet - I picked outside off the green on Christmas Eve and it's okay so far ...
Sounds perfect! Picture?

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
They look lovely - were you inspired by Kirstie's homemade Christmas then!! I was going to do a table decoration but hub bought me a hand tied bouquet, but I did make 5 stockings & a table runner. Next year am going to start early & have more ideas too!!
Yes, thanks so much for the tip off I really enjoyed the show. I am DESPERATE now for a sewing machine (birthday in March Neil!!) so I can make the stockings too. I thought they were lovely. Pictures please Suze if you don't mind sharing?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Sounds perfect! Picture?

Yes, thanks so much for the tip off I really enjoyed the show. I am DESPERATE now for a sewing machine (birthday in March Neil!!) so I can make the stockings too. I thought they were lovely. Pictures please Suze if you don't mind sharing?
There'll be no stopping you when you get a sewing machine
Eldest son & girlfriend took their stockings with them -must ask for them back as they are yellow red & black to match the room - I did them patchwork & all slightly different - made them up as I went, but they turned out nice! I do still have the others kids's here but can't upload pics on my laptop at the mo as the programme has gone since hub wiped it. I can do some on hubs laptop tommorrow though
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
There'll be no stopping you when you get a sewing machine
Eldest son & girlfriend took their stockings with them -must ask for them back as they are yellow red & black to match the room - I did them patchwork & all slightly different - made them up as I went, but they turned out nice! I do still have the others kids's here but can't upload pics on my laptop at the mo as the programme has gone since hub wiped it. I can do some on hubs laptop tommorrow though
Yes please, I'd love to see how they turned out. Knowing you they'll be brilliant, you're very good at things like this.

I still think about that quilt you were going to do for me. Now that we're in a slight better position financially if you ever feel the desire to go for it again let me know ;o) I was hoping to get you as my Secret Santa - heheh.

Look fwd to the pics when you get time x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >