Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-03-2014, 06:53 AM

Runaway!

Bright, scintillating, effulgent. All these words and more have no bearing on the morning when Seren and I left Casa Hunter.

Grey, dull, damp, soggy...these words, however, are the very quintessence of the greeting we received as we stepped out into the rain.

Rain is something Seren had not really encountered in her morning perambulations, being a Puppydog of limited life experience. And she was not at all sure what to make of it. I explained to her that the morning was fairly miserable.

"Mibble"

Miserable.

"Mibble"

Right...we decided that the morning was about as mibble as she has ever seen. However, she's a Big Brave Puppydog, and enlivened with Puppy Power Pills we set off. (Puppy Power Pills are the big red biscuits from her bag of kibble, but she doesn't know that...)

We stuck mainly to pavement. Seren is low slung and the long wet grass was interfering terribly with her nipples, requiring quite a lot of high jumping. The grey light presented a washed out landscape, accompanied by the most desultory of avian backing. A couple of pigeons and a crow, in fact. It was really quite

"Mibble*

mibble indeed.

The two people we met today were not in a playful mood. They too were

"Mibble"

mibble. Which led to something of a disaster. In her attempt to go to see a people who was walking away Seren found herself pulling against the lead. And her harness slipped off, over her head.

And she was off like a rocket, towards the people, towards the main road.

It is not for no reason that the very first thing I introduce my puppies to is the concept of Good Girl Bikkits. You can holler Seren's name all you like. If she wants to ignore you she will, and shouting her name will make no difference. However...

"Good Girl Bikkit!!!" at full volume had her turned in her own length and back, sat and my feet, in about four seconds.

A quick tussle to get the harness back on, and all was good.

And she had lots of Good Girl Bikkits, because Positive Reinforcement is a good thing.

And I confess I really thought for a moment that I may have lost her.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 08:02 AM
You paint such wonderful images of your walks - I feel as though I was walking along too! Brilliant recall!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2014, 04:27 PM
terrifying isn't it? i had my pup out on sunday, one minute the lead was tight, next the damn thing was hanging there with no dog attached.... i still have no idea how the clip came undone, a moment of terror as the pup shot off but a quick call of her name and squeak of her toy and back she came... thankfully
i agree today was indeed Mibble (i muchly like that word)