View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 02:46 PM

Who has rescued a jack russel/other terrier?

Is it as much of a nightmare as it sounds?

On a more serious note, id love experiences of people who have done it before!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 04:04 PM
We have a rescued Jack Russell, Pepsi
We were a bit wary to start with but we fell in love with her and out hearts took over our heads.
As it turns out she is one of the best behaved most loving dog we have had.
For the first few months she pushed her luck a bit but soon settled into a routine. She is a very clever dog and it didn't take her long to understand what was expected of her.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 06:57 PM
We have had a couple, nightmare ? no just very spirited and huge personalities. Could they eat an entire cat or dog ? not sure but they would have given it a good go if I had let them

Real hunters with little fear or anything.
At home the most loving dogs who loved the other dogs and cats in the family just hated everyone else's dog or cat !
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2014, 07:05 PM
We have one and he is the gentlest little chap you could wish for............as long as cats or rats or frogs are not involved!!

He is very stubborn and has health issues but we don't regret taking him on for one second.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-03-2014, 07:13 PM
I have Frankie a terrier mix, he came with aggression issues at just 20 weeks. He's fine with cats and dogs inside and outside the home, he wants to take over the world but hasn't managed it yet. He's got a big personality and a gob to match, he barks a lot.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 04:06 AM
My 17 year old Molly (yorkie terrier) has a lovely temper. Bit of a yapper, but always been easy. Lovely girl.

Boys more boisterous in my opinion. Lovely dogs terriers! Personality.
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2014, 07:33 AM
I've got two wonderful little terriers and fostering a third at the mo.

As with any rescue dog they are worth the extra work as they repay you 1000 times over with their love and devotion. I could fill a whole computer screen telling you about the journey we've had with our two, but I would not swop them for anything.

If you have any more specific questions please ask? Also if you want a quiet easier breed go for a retired Greyhound bitch - they're great and total couch potatoes!

mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 09:10 AM
I've only fostered and owned an American Pit Bull Terrier. Not a Jack Russel or any "real" terrier breeds. Needless to say, the pitties were handfuls, but truly sweet dogs.

All did fine with cats and kids, but one of them had some pretty ugly dog aggression, which does sometimes crop up. Never had a Jack Russel, but have heard they are nightmares. The ones I meet are usually barky little things.
susie fischer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2014, 09:57 AM
I have a rescue jack russell and he is an amazing little chap. Not yappy or snappy. Gets on well with all dogs and cats, hunts for England - rats, rabbits, mice and he even chases hares which is very funny to watch as the hares barely go up a gear and leave him miles behind. Tolerates all birds in the gardens except rooks which he chases off.

He had been badly abused when I got him (by an idiot who thought twisting his penis and testicles was a good training practice) and now even though I have had him for about 6 years if I am cross with him or any of my other dogs he will check his willie first and scoot past me really as fast as his little legs will go to avoid willie torture!

His testicles were so swollen and bruised when I first got him that my vet thought he had cancer or some disease but his problems were all man made.

In spite of all this he is extremely friendly and everybody loves him. He is the first small dog I have ever had and I love him to bits especially as he has a big personality and actually thinks he's a german shepherd.If I were to die tomorrow there are at least 6 friends who would jump at the chance to take him.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 09:57 AM
I've got a 'terrier', a miniature pinscher. Tiny little dog but with probably the BIGGEST personality and ATTITUDE of any dog I've ever owned.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >