Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 03:07 PM

WELL DONE to Tess

I've made no secret that Tess (now known a gale force as the Tornado seems to be lessening) has been much harder work than all my 3 put together.

I feel she has either had little contact with living in a house, or none at all, and we have had issues if you needed to catch hold of her collar....screaming, lying in the floor, cowering, wetting etc., which I have been working hard through. Its also been no secret that her recall was very hit and miss, not that she actually ran off, more like ''catch me if you can'' and as much as we have used treats outside, she just hasn't taken any notice at all, resulting in me running up and down like a loon all excitedly trying to get her to come to us.................men in white coats ready to take me away haaha!!!!

However today I had a horrendous morning with Foster son, and a incident, which obviously I can not discuss, but it resulted in Tess getting out on the road my fault as I had to run aside but nevertheless out she got and tootled off.

I am so proud of her as I quietly walked after all calling her nice and steady, she let me approach....didn't run off, and I took her collar ....no screaming and wetting herself and in she came.

All that done and poor Elaineb was on the other end of the phone as I was talking to her when all hell let loose

Well Done Tess
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 03:10 PM
aw bless Tess, so glad to hear that you got her back and there has been alot of improvement in her behaviour with her! Keep up the brilliant work
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 03:34 PM
awww you have worked wonders with Tess Steph, especially not knowing what she went through b4 being put in the dog pound whatever your doing seems to be getting through to her at last. well done
you should be proud of yourself too
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Well done you...I knew you'd get there with Tess sooner rather than later and this just proves it

So glad to hear she is safe and well. xx
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2010, 03:37 PM

Well done Steph and Tess, you guys are a great combination xxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
aw bless Tess, so glad to hear that you got her back and there has been alot of improvement in her behaviour with her! Keep up the brilliant work
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
awww you have worked wonders with Tess Steph, especially not knowing what she went through b4 being put in the dog pound whatever your doing seems to be getting through to her at last. well done
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well done you...I knew you'd get there with Tess sooner rather than later and this just proves it

So glad to hear she is safe and well. xx
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post

Well done Steph and Tess, you guys are a great combination xxxx
Awww thanks guys, some days it just feels like ''we failed'' but obviously not

Heart attack job as this road is a bus route and does get busy, the other 3 stayed where they were, well thats not quite true Skye came out on the drive, but I have no bother about the other 3 as they don't leave the Drive.

Tess being more shall we say ''''a dog with learning difficulties'''' is slower at responding and i had visions of her running across the road thankfully she didn't and thankfully she didn't react by screaming when I took her collar to bring her back in people think your beating her
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 04:00 PM
maybe she's more street wise Steph, especially as no one knows how long she was wondering around for.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 04:59 PM
maybe she's more street wise Steph, especially as no one knows how long she was wondering around for.
I'd like to believe that hun, but one thing we have noticed if she see's anything across the road she goes to run straight over, I had to rugby tackle her the one day otherwise she'd of been under the bus wheels

You'd think being out wondering would make her so wouldn't you, but she seems to be unaware of where traffic starts and footpath stops. I think she has been one lucky pup wandering about as she was, I wouldn't like to chance her thats for sure seeing her response when she see's something of interest...ie kids and things
She reminds me of our Foster Son, quite fearless.....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Your right about this too, have wondered whether someone has been overly heavy handed with her as she definately had a real thing about holding her collar, not suggesting beaten, more like someone dragged her.

Still we'll never know, but she is very much a ladies dog, maybe going for walks with Shelly and being handled by ladies at the pound she feels safer with women
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Aww well done Tess, maybe she is growing up at last Steph, bless her heart xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >