Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
Maybe you could do something to make yourself more comfortable downstairs? Maybe one of those inflatable mattresses-- Argos sells them; they're not very expensive. We have a couple for emergency guests and they're not bad at all. I worry about you being under so much stress. You really need your rest. You should probably take some vitamin C too, and treat yourself with some delicious fruit and nice food next time you're out shopping. You know how stress can take its toll on your body and the last thing you need is getting sick right now, so please look after yourself! We are all rooting for you and Harvey!
Hi strangechild,

Please don't worry about me as I don't want to do that to anyone on here.

I have moved a single mattress from the spare room downstairs and if I need to stay with him again I will be sleeping on that. Quite comfortable so should be okay.

I am tired I will admit but I am going to try and get some sleep in a while when (if) Harvey settles.

I am eating fruit, apples and bananas, and doing what I can but its hard when you have no appetite.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2015, 12:02 PM
I hear you on that. I struggle with appetite issues too-- can go days without eating much and don't notice until I'm faint. Just so long as you're getting enough to keep you going. I hope you and Harvey can both get some well deserved rest.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Just as an update.

He is back from the vets and he is okay but a little slow or lethargic. He wanted to go for a walk but didnt want to go far.

The vet has doubled his meds so he is now on 800mg Pexion daily. One 400mg tab in the morning and one in the evening.

The vet wants to reevaluate Harvey in a weeks time unless he fits again. If this higher dose does not help then he said we may have to consider adding in another medication as well but he is loath to do that because of the associated liver problems.

So no good news really, just have to wait and see what happens.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
I hear you on that. I struggle with appetite issues too-- can go days without eating much and don't notice until I'm faint. Just so long as you're getting enough to keep you going. I hope you and Harvey can both get some well deserved rest.
Hi

I eat most days but the amounts vary. When you've had a stressful day the last thing you want to do is cook but hey that's a whole other subject....

He seems settled now so I'm going to try and have a sleep
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Hope you managed to get a few hours sleep Kenny while Harvey was more settled. Hope too that the increased medication is helpful in controlling the seizures. Remember you are not alone - we are all rooting for you and for Harvey xx
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by susannah92 View Post
Hope you managed to get a few hours sleep Kenny while Harvey was more settled. Hope too that the increased medication is helpful in controlling the seizures. Remember you are not alone - we are all rooting for you and for Harvey xx
Hi susannah

how lovely of you to say, thank you

Yes I think it was around 2 1/2 hours before Harvey decided to wake me to go outside - bless him.

He has been really asking (pestering) for food all day so that's a side effect of the med.

He's been a bit obsessive tonight, pacing from front room to kitchen, kitchen to front room and round and round.

Not his fault poor lad.

How things with you ?
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2015, 11:02 PM
Kenny, did you show your vet any of the video footage you have taken and if so what were his comments?
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-03-2015, 11:36 PM
Hi Popster

Yes, He's seen the grand mal one and one from Harveys seizure last night.

He said the grand mal one confirmed that it was a grand mal and the one from last night showed classic petite mal actions.

Apart freom that he didnt say much
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-03-2015, 12:00 AM
I have some pictures of Harvey in the "Your Dogs Photos" section
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2015, 07:49 AM
Lovely lovely dog harvey!!! Kenny, he is truly beautiful and looks such a character xx
Page 17 of 62 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »