Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 03:20 PM

Everywhere is Closed

Of course I know it is Easter Sunday, but I didn't realise everywhere would be shut. Well, went for a trip out to the garden centre it was shut, as was the other one as was the supermarket, even the petrol station. I did find one open PS after all that. So besides a fab dog walk today has become a day of rest xxxx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 09:13 PM
As it should be, wish ALL Sundays were like they used to be! We used to manage without shopping on this day for numerous decades!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 09:14 PM
We walked into Croydon for lunch and a mooch around the shops. Most of them were closed. I think loads of people were expecting them to be open as the place was heaving.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
We walked into Croydon for lunch and a mooch around the shops. Most of them were closed. I think loads of people were expecting them to be open as the place was heaving.
Tomorrow will be same most likely, will be where we are. Make it a dog & garden day methinks If it rains, so much the better, it will save me having to water my seedlings
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Did anyone else notice though how full the shops were on the Saturday before?
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2011, 01:17 PM
not sure but think its law that they cant open on easter sunday, i like the shops openat weekends esp for people wjo work long hours during the week and cant get to them and also helps people who need work as well.
i always work on bank holiday mondays as thats one of the days i work but do get double bubble and a day of in leiu so not complaining and need the money
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
As it should be, wish ALL Sundays were like they used to be! We used to manage without shopping on this day for numerous decades!
Hear hear! Me too-I used to love quiet peaceful Sundays as a child when there was barely any traffic on the streets and I used to walk my Cairns through the town centre on to the beach.

Even for those without any religious preference to attend a place of worship on a Sunday in my opinion it is a shame that so many people have to work and families can't enjoy a peaceful, relaxing day together without dragging poor grizzling, whining children round the shops!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Did anyone else notice though how full the shops were on the Saturday before?
Yes and nothing against pensioners but why do they all have to go to the supermarket on a Saturday and clogg up the aisles with their trolleys? They have all week to do their shopping but no they have to go when people who work all week need to go and get some supplies in
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
not sure but think its law that they cant open on easter sunday, i like the shops openat weekends esp for people wjo work long hours during the week and cant get to them and also helps people who need work as well.
i always work on bank holiday mondays as thats one of the days i work but do get double bubble and a day of in leiu so not complaining and need the money
Yes it is law.

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Yes and nothing against pensioners but why do they all have to go to the supermarket on a Saturday and clogg up the aisles with their trolleys? They have all week to do their shopping but no they have to go when people who work all week need to go and get some supplies in
sorrrrry!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Now now now, you are not pensioner phobic are you? Pensioners are people too!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >