Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:28 PM

How do you catch a cat.

Without trapping a Fox

A while ago Honey and Diesel chased a cat, a cat related to one of my old ones too the owners are not intrested and since then no-ones seen or heard from the cat, and the farmer has been getting some of his crops in too, so I want to catch the cat, but how? I did think of getting a human trap, but then I'm wondering who would be the one to get into the food first , so how can I catch a cat that doesn't know me, and has the run of a very large space, and may be injured? Answers on a postcard please.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Without trapping a Fox

A while ago Honey and Diesel chased a cat, a cat related to one of my old ones too the owners are not intrested and since then no-ones seen or heard from the cat, and the farmer has been getting some of his crops in too, so I want to catch the cat, but how? I did think of getting a human trap, but then I'm wondering who would be the one to get into the food first , so how can I catch a cat that doesn't know me, and has the run of a very large space, and may be injured? Answers on a postcard please.
Do you even know where it is or if it is alive? I would say that you need to leave food in the same place for a few days then if it is taken borrow a trap from your local cat rescue. If you trap a fox you can just let it go then.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:38 PM
I know where they chased her, but that is it, I've given people my number, but no-ones seen her since that day, but it was also the first time she was seen up there, but the grass was very high, and there is so many places for her to hide, I was hoping that if she didn't go back home that she would go to someone elses who she had adopted instead, but I've not heard anything like that either she's just disapeared, but in certain parts there is barbed wire, there are Foxes up there and other dangers too, and I worry that if she got hurt that a Fox would take her, as happened to my friends cat I've been searching for her since its happened but with no joy, I will leave out some food, but then I may just be feeding the Foxes, or the hedgehogs or something
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:43 PM
That's true but I think it's the only way you are likely to find out
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I will try it, and hopefully find her, and if I do I will find her a new home, her owners do not deserve the poor babe.