View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Oh Gosh 1cutedog...right idea, you will end up with a chill or passing out from your blood pressure dropping going from hot to cold...sure your son won't mind if you whiff a bit Lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Good afternoon late of parade today

Keep warm Moyra and enjoy your few days of peace.

Hope the liquorice works for you Griff and your teeth stop hurting soon. Definitely a day to stay in.

Pleased the girls behaved last night June and hope you get a lot of bones today to make your trip worth while.

I wondered what that smell was 1cutdog Enjoy your meal later.

Never mind Lynn about feeling old you don't have to act it Happy birthday to Joel

Had to nip into town to pay an unexpected bill so had a nice walk along the sea front. Home and spent a couple of hours in the garden - nearly there now one more day should see all the earth loosened and made easier for the summer.

Hope Nippy and Brian are ok and only busy looking for somewhere to eat

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 01:05 PM
i really need to get the bulbs in the ground but it is too damn cold out there for me Lol
ordered the stuff to do my mums body lotion/moisturiser stuff
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 02:52 PM
Afternoom all. Well thay say it never rains but pours so apart from the computer giving me a wobble this morning, the car has now done it to. Exhaust needs fixing so it is in the garage on Tuesday next week. Also Tyto has another spot on his legs so back to the cream for that. They say it comes in threes. As to all of you that are feeling down because of this weather, a dose of Vitamin D will do the trick. So maybe ask your doctor for some vitamin D tablets. I had them when I was on steroids for my polymialgia with calcium and it certainly helped me. Well off to watch doctors now as only just got back from shopping and seeing about the car. Computer seems to be behaving itself. have a good afternoon and evening everyone. Pleased to hear the Pulsatilla helped June. The spring has certainly sprung round here if Tyto's sniffing has anything to go by.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Oh no Brenda...hope the exhaust isn't too costly, and i hope Tytos leg heals up o.k
My dad is doing my head in...big surprise!!!! he got his car last year, he wanted a range rover but i talked him out of it so bought another bmw, he now wants a range rover...has seen one in london and is emailing the company...he has rung me up as he has had no response from them...made me email them again, they are going to offer him peanuts for his car and he is so obsessed with the one he has seen the stupid old s*d will most likely accept a stupid offer
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 03:27 PM
Hello everyone,
First the good bit of my morning
Thanks for the well wishes for Rosie, she seems back to normal, the poor cat from a few doors up got shouted at very loudly for daring to walk by but it means she's feeling better. She's eaten a but today as she didn't want anything yesterday, she even pinched some of my sweet potato
Now the not so good bit
My washer was making a funny noise last night whilst doing a wash, so today I thought I'd investigate, undid the plug thing to have a look if anything was stuck, it wasn't screwed it back in, put a washing cleaner in the washer, turned it on and it promptly leaked all over the floor Tony being ever so helpful had a fit at me, as if I did it on purpose!! When he calmed down he seems to think the plug thing ( can't remember the proper name) is cross threaded cos when can't undo it at all ( that would be my fault, I did redo and tighten it)
He's going to have a look see if he can sort it, if not a new washer- cos by time I've paid someone, I might as well get a new one, there's a sale at Argo at mo- typical though
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Your dad is a car hoarder methinks Griff
Brenda, I'm already on Vitamin D as I just can't take the side effects of osteoporosis meds. Be warned the Vit D has similar but more bearable side effects, if I only take 1 a day I'm able to cope, 2 a day (as has been prescribed) and I'm back down the osteoporosis meds route. Have discussed the 6 month treatment, but its got exactly the same components as the tablets, so thats a no from me!!!
Hoping the garage bill won't put you in shock.
Got a good few bones, they've got massive ones for their teas, keep them occupied for hours. Had a good clean up out there as it started raining this morning and has only just stopped, quite heavy on the motorway when I was driving of course, was on my way home and gritted my teeth and carried on, saw some appalling driving as well, miracle there were no accidents from what I saw.
Lynn I have a grandson I have only seen once, when 6 weeks old, he'll be 26 this year, no idea where he is or anything now. Girl was only 17 and it was a nightmare at the time. Happy Birthday to Joel, maybe the latest news from his mother will be a wake up call.
Griff, have you included Calendula in your cream recipe, very soothing for that type of skin complaint. I do think her work situation will be contributing to her flare up.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Ooooops Mandy, is it the drain pump filter?? you should be able to undo it again...might just need a pair of grips on it to get it back out...if you are gentle it should come out. I am sure you didn't do it deliberately and anyone can make a mistake so don't beat yourself up about it
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Mandy do you have house contents insurance? You should be able to claim for water damage to floors etc. Griff/June the garage quoted me £100 they are always good to me so I don't go anywhere else. Tytos leg will be OK it is just taking an age to clear. Doesn't bother him. With age, things start going wrong, the car, the dog and me.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2016, 04:00 PM
Thanks, I'm ok promise
Brenda floors ok thank goodness, caught all the water phew
Glad Tyto is ok, bless him
Lynn happy birthday to Joel,
TW bet the girls are happy with their giant bones.
Right best get off to work
See you later
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >