Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 08:18 AM

Games/Toys for rabbits?

Hi all !

Does anyone have any good ideas for games and toys for rabbits? I recently got my second bunny (pics to follow) and they are both in a very large hutch in the shed, the shed is now cleared out so they basically going to have the run of the shed, but i was wanting to put things down for them to play with and o entertain themselves with. Our pet shop have nothing at all, so trying to think up some stuff of my own, any ideas (know you must Fluffy?? )?

Cheers
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2006, 10:21 AM
LOL Doggydina! Depends if you want to go for the homegrown or professional look. If you want to buy some bits (warning: you will probably get carried away and spend a fortune!) check out www.bunnybasics.net and www.bunnybazaar.co.uk The tunnels are always popular, I'd suggest the green snugglesafe expanding one on bunnybasics, I've heard stories of bunnies getting caught inside the fabric tunnels so I'd avoid those and stick with something solid. There are lots of ideas on those two sites, no reason you can't make some home made ones.

Mine like such fascinating things as cardboard boxes with holes cut in them, toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay, a child's chair to jump on and sit under etc etc. The most important thing with bunny toys is not to put them all in at once, but to keep changing it around on a regular basis; that way it keeps them stimulated and curious. Otherwise they just get used to it all being there and will most likely ignore it! Hope that helps.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Rosie likes toys - she loves throwing them round the pen - grumpy Binka doesn't bother with his at all. Rosie has one of those wobbly rabbits with a bell in and she loves to throw it around. She also has one of those igloo things and she goes in it and pushes it all round the pen so that it looks like the igloo has got a life of its own - its so funny to watch Oh she also has a jingle ball which she likes too.
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 10:25 AM
It does help Fluffy, thanks ! It;s the home made things i'm looking for, but will check out the sites, see what they got to offer! Just found an old carpet tubing thing, will cut that into lots of pieces, like a very big toilet roll tube, excellant !
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Rosie likes toys - she loves throwing them round the pen - grumpy Binka doesn't bother with his at all. Rosie has one of those wobbly rabbits with a bell in and she loves to throw it around. She also has one of those igloo things and she goes in it and pushes it all round the pen so that it looks like the igloo has got a life of its own - its so funny to watch Oh she also has a jingle ball which she likes too.
Ha ha, sounds hilarious to watch Foxy . They're such funny wee critters
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Fluffybunny View Post
LOL Doggydina! Depends if you want to go for the homegrown or professional look. If you want to buy some bits (warning: you will probably get carried away and spend a fortune!) check out www.bunnybasics.net and www.bunnybazaar.co.uk The tunnels are always popular, I'd suggest the green snugglesafe expanding one on bunnybasics, I've heard stories of bunnies getting caught inside the fabric tunnels so I'd avoid those and stick with something solid. There are lots of ideas on those two sites, no reason you can't make some home made ones.

Mine like such fascinating things as cardboard boxes with holes cut in them, toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay, a child's chair to jump on and sit under etc etc. The most important thing with bunny toys is not to put them all in at once, but to keep changing it around on a regular basis; that way it keeps them stimulated and curious. Otherwise they just get used to it all being there and will most likely ignore it! Hope that helps.
Hey thats a brilliant idea about the chair Fluffy - never thought of that - Rhianna is going to be a chair less today She has a few little plastic chairs so she won't miss one will she
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Hey thats a brilliant idea about the chair Fluffy - never thought of that - Rhianna is going to be a chair less today She has a few little plastic chairs so she won't miss one will she
What we do for our little babes
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I used to give my rabbit balls, he would push them around outside, or sticks, he loved to throw them around....
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Amber08071 View Post
I used to give my rabbit balls, he would push them around outside, or sticks, he loved to throw them around....
Yes my rabbits have balls too Amber Binka doesn't bother with his but Rosie loves them
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 02:55 PM
My rabbits always loved footballs and used to push them all round the garden. They also loved old telephone directories and cardboard boxes.
A small branch of unsprayed apple or fruit tree is much appreciated to knaw on and keep teeth in good health.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >