Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 09:49 AM

This makes me so angry!

Having a nose around the interweb to see what lurchers are for sale, this one came up, the bitch is for sale for £100, and I so wish I could have her, as from the wording if the advert I don't think she has a good chance of getting a home that wants her just for her . [qoute] she's 3/8 5/8 bull greyhound bitch brindled in colour 24ins to the shoulder, she's 4yrs old, she's had 3 litters [5, and two 8 in the litters] she comes in season every six months, just had a litter of pups and they are 8wks old now, she is very loving and is a working bitch she works with our terriers though the day and has also done walking lamping [rabbits]. Selling due to we have to many dogs. THANKYOU FOR READING OUR AD.[/qoute] does this sort of thing make others angry aswell?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 10:15 AM
yep, but theres nothing that can be done about it im afraid.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I know theres nothing that can be done, still makes me sad and angry though, I mean they may as well of just put puppy machine for sale, as its obvious that there focusing more on her breeding ability more then anything, and if she's only getting bred once year Im presuming she got bred when she was around a year to eighteen months, still but a baby and not old enough to know that she's worth breeding for working dogs, as thats no where near enough time to judge that she is a relable worker, not enough to judge her health IMO either, make sure that she doesn't carry any breed health problems espcially if she was at the younger age, if the people care, just enough to add to the flood of lurchers and that the breed her, but want her to go as soon as the puppies do from the sound of it, why breed if you've got even a inkling that you have too many dogs if not for the money you can generate .
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I know theres nothing that can be done, still makes me sad and angry though, I mean they may as well of just put puppy machine for sale, as its obvious that there focusing more on her breeding ability more then anything, and if she's only getting bred once year Im presuming she got bred when she was around a year to eighteen months, still but a baby and not old enough to know that she's worth breeding for working dogs, as thats no where near enough time to judge that she is a relable worker, not enough to judge her health IMO either, make sure that she doesn't carry any breed health problems espcially if she was at the younger age, if the people care, just enough to add to the flood of lurchers and that the breed her, but want her to go as soon as the puppies do from the sound of it, why breed if you've got even a inkling that you have too many dogs if not for the money you can generate .
its not that they have too many dogs so to speak, but they have better dogs that they need to focus on.

breeders (admittedly better ones than this who would never place an advert like that!) often rehome their older ones or ones that have not done well. i know of one boy (asbo's dad) who was rehomed because she already had 3 males (one wasnt bred from but he was her first crested so hes just the old grumpy man who lives on the sofa ) but with having so many boys (which in the breeding world when people look at money going in and out, boys will never make enough money, unles you are irresponsible and breed to whoever) she decided to rehome asbos dad. he is now alot happier, as he is in a home with just one other doggie friend (he didnt get on with all the dogs at her house) lives on a farm, and gets to race around the field every day. is he better off in his new home, definately. would i get rid of a dog because i had too many? no. but i can see why people do it, and sometimes it is better for the dog. (not that the lurcher breeder you are on about has that in mind!)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 10:44 AM
If she were capable of producing more litters, do you really think they would be selling her? I reckon they`ve ruined her system by constant breeding and are cutting their losses. Poor girl.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
If she were capable of producing more litters, do you really think they would be selling her? I reckon they`ve ruined her system by constant breeding and are cutting their losses. Poor girl.
no i dont think they would be selling her. either that or they have younger bitches from her litters that they are breeding from.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I know that some breeders do rehome, but I do think that every dog owner should have their dogs best intrest at heart, and if theres any thought that the dog would be better off in another home it should be a serious consideration, but I do think its the owner who knows whether their dogs would be, or whether they have to sacrifice a bit, but as long as the dogs are living the best life they can, whether in a new home, or where the dog gets a better life then the owner in some circumstances, as long as the dog is happy and healthy I don't really care, but with people like this breeder I don't think that they care enough, and I really wouldn't be surprised if this desision is based more on a boost to their wallet rather then the welfare of the dogs, and its people like that that are causing so much harm IMO to the world of dogs.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Might be Claire and Daisy, I just hope that she gets a home that she deserves, and doesn't just go straight to another home who wants to breed her so often for a bit of cash, and if it is that they've ruined her that she doesn't end up going from pillar to post when the new owners realise something like this and sell her on, but a ad like this doesn't seem to bode well for her welfare does it .
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Having a nose around the interweb to see what lurchers are for sale, this one came up, the bitch is for sale for £100, and I so wish I could have her, as from the wording if the advert I don't think she has a good chance of getting a home that wants her just for her . [qoute] she's 3/8 5/8 bull greyhound bitch brindled in colour 24ins to the shoulder, she's 4yrs old, she's had 3 litters [5, and two 8 in the litters] she comes in season every six months, just had a litter of pups and they are 8wks old now, she is very loving and is a working bitch she works with our terriers though the day and has also done walking lamping [rabbits]. Selling due to we have to many dogs. THANKYOU FOR READING OUR AD.[/qoute] does this sort of thing make others angry aswell?
Personally I think the wording of the advert may give her equally a chance of finding a good home as a bad one.

Lots of dog lovers out there will see a dog that needs to be in a good home, and after all it only takes one person to give her that.

My guess is , she has fulfilled her usefulness and thats why they are re homing her.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2011, 11:05 AM
I know that some breeders do rehome, but I do think that every dog owner should have their dogs best intrest at heart, and if theres any thought that the dog would be better off in another home it should be a serious consideration, but I do think its the owner who knows whether their dogs would be, or whether they have to sacrifice a bit, but as long as the dogs are living the best life they can, whether in a new home, or where the dog gets a better life then the owner in some circumstances, as long as the dog is happy and healthy I don't really care, but with people like this breeder I don't think that they care enough, and I really wouldn't be surprised if this desision is based more on a boost to their wallet rather then the welfare of the dogs, and its people like that that are causing so much harm IMO to the world of dogs.

I doubt that, if monitory gain was all they cared about, selling a bitch (for £100) that can produce them a higher income from more litters is not the way to achieve it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >