Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Post by Lozziebear
I do think that dogs should have some individual time, not all the time, but on a fairly regular basis. That is MY opinion though, and how I will always do things when I have more than one dog... I will only get the number of dogs that I have time for... any more than that, and I wouldn't find that fair.

I only brought up the individual time though, because you mentioned that maybe she uses the garden to train them... I was making the point that how often can she do that, if she has 20 dogs... and that is regardless of what my opinion is, because you mentioned the training.
Well to a certain extent i agree with you when the dogs are young/younger and with the need for specific training issues. I would have taken time out to do so and given individual training sessions. Once the dogs are moulded and mature, know what is expected of them and how they fit into the family life, i dont think they need it. I know if i take one of ours out without the other, the one left behind will be most unhappy so in that sense they are better exercised and trained together and yes i do think that dogs never stop learning and continue training sessions each day which they do enjoy and it gives them something to think about

You can have a (large) group of dogs being exercised together so perhaps this owner lets all the tinies out together and then the bigger dogs. That is what i said in a previous post, we can only conjecture as to what the situation really is
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Well to a certain extent i agree with you when the dogs are young/younger and with the need for specific training issues. I would have taken time out to do so and given individual training sessions. Once the dogs are moulded and mature, know what is expected of them and how they fit into the family life, i dont think they need it. I know if i take one of ours out without the other, the one left behind will be most unhappy so in that sense they are better exercised and trained together and yes i do think that dogs never stop learning and continue training sessions each day which they do enjoy and it gives them something to think about

You can have a (large) group of dogs being exercised together so perhaps this owner lets all the tinies out together and then the bigger dogs. That is what i said in a previous post, we can only conjecture as to what the situation really is
That is great, if that is what your opinion is. I, however, have a different opinion and I am not going to keep discussing my opinion on the issue.

Re. your post saying maybe she trains her dogs, do you think this is likely/possible, with 20 dogs? And if so, how?
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 06:36 AM
I give mine individual attention at least at some point in the week, because for instance Moll isn't very pushy, so if you don't make a point of singling her out she tends to take herself off and gets isolated, Fudge can't walk with moll, because he chases her and cripples himself, Millie, goes swimming on her own, Meg works and Neam goes to flyball, all about giving them attention, and they do change away from the pack,
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
That is great, if that is what your opinion is. I, however, have a different opinion and I am not going to keep discussing my opinion on the issue.

Re. your post saying maybe she trains her dogs, do you think this is likely/possible, with 20 dogs? And if so, how?
Why not send her an e.mail and ask, it may asnwer your assumptions one way or the other.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2012, 10:29 AM
I don't recall saying it had to be everyday... If I did, then you can show me where and I will correct that, because I don't mean every single day. I do, however, think it should be on a reasonably regular basis.
Then what is the problem, your posts insinuate that an owner cant give 20 dogs individual attention, but if as you say it does not have to be everyday
, then again whats the problem if its every other day/few day /week??

Again, I didn't say it had to be to an exact time. That is fine, if that is how you want to do it... I, however, have my OWN opinion, which I am entitled to, and I think people should only have a dog if they have time for them, and the more dogs they have, the more time they should have to spend on the dogs.
yes, you are entitled to an opinion, its better though if said opinion has some basis to it. instead of being formed on a widely active imagination.

My post was also responding to the suggestion that she could be training the dogs... therefore, that is why I mentioned the time it will take for that to happen with 20 dogs.
If I remember rightly (will go take a look) your argument was they with 20 dogs , there is not enough hrs in a day to give individual attention, now if you are saying it not restricted to every day, again, what's the problem?

I only brought up the individual time though, because you mentioned that maybe she uses the garden to train them... I was making the point that how often can she do that, if she has 20 dogs... and that is regardless of what my opinion is, because you mentioned the training.
By working to a schedule over "days"

P.S........ here we go , jus tso its clear what you meant!

If they don't get free run of the house, and some of the dogs are separated from each other, I do have to wonder just how much time her dogs are crated for... given she has 20, and there are only so many hours in the day to spend with them, I would imagine it is a fair amount of time.
So no one is putting words into your mouth at all, this is what you said!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2012, 01:53 AM

Ok - i thought a reasonable discussion was what forums were aboutt

Most i ever trained at once together was 4, however anything is possible

Im inclined to agree with Jackbox - best way to find out is contact the person directly
Page 24 of 24 « First < 14 21 22 23 24