Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 11:19 AM

New toy!!

So it was our 11th Wedding Anniversary yesterday and I had a job interview in Inverness.

Anyhoo, OH says while you're there, go buy the new phone you've been wanting for a while. So got it. It's a Nokia C3, it's really cool, still working out how to stop it connecting via GPRS and use the Wifi connection instead...but it's really cool
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Looks nice! I've had a Nokia N900 for a while and still love it! Unfortunately, I love Nokia somewhat less after their announcement over the weekend that their smartphones are going to be Windows in the future. Ugh! So, when my beloved N900 and I have to part company, it'll probably be for something like a HP Palm Pre 3 or Veer.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 02:06 PM
It's a nice phone, taking time to get used to the querty keypad...I know that sounds Irish cause I use a querty all the time but not on a phone so it's a bit odd.

I'm curious to see how long the battery lasts, my last phone lasted a day and then needed fully charged.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
I'm curious to see how long the battery lasts, my last phone lasted a day and then needed fully charged.
A very common 'problem' with smartphones. Mine will last a couple of days if I'm not using it much but it's a day or less if I'm really using it a lot! Sometimes I give it a reboot which seems to get it back to lasting a bit longer. Uptime of 17 days when I rebooted recently!

The thing is, if you compare it to a laptop rather than a phone, then the battery life is really pretty good!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
A very common 'problem' with smartphones. Mine will last a couple of days if I'm not using it much but it's a day or less if I'm really using it a lot! Sometimes I give it a reboot which seems to get it back to lasting a bit longer. Uptime of 17 days when I rebooted recently!

The thing is, if you compare it to a laptop rather than a phone, then the battery life is really pretty good!
Thing is the last phone was a bog standard touch screen phone from LG, the battery life was shorter than a really short thing.

I'm really looking forward to getting some of the Apps. Should be fun