Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Or not. Why are you so determined to "manage" this animal? Do you believe ALL animals should be "managed" or do you have a list?
eh? I was referring to countryside management in general.I wasnt singling out one particular specie so calm down dear.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
eh? I was referring to countryside management in general.I wasnt singling out one particular specie so calm down dear.
Oh my dear, you were.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Oh my dear, you were.
The mind boggles.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Or not. Why are you so determined to "manage" this animal? Do you believe ALL animals should be "managed" or do you have a list?
Being very much part of the GWCT's Upland Predation Experiment, I can see exactly why we need to manage this animal, and other predators.

Helen
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Can i just say that despite various opinions on this issue no one has said anything nasty,demeaning or derogatory in 23 pages.Nice one.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Agreed Steve
I think it goes without saying that were humane traps to be used the law would need to be looked at, perhaps the traps checked morning,noon and evening. What is in the trap should also be looked at, perhaps it should be under cover etc... Just thinking aloud really!!!!!

There are just far better ways than hunting with a pack
Of hounds with lots of people out for a day out...
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I noticed I that as well Steve, i've enjoyed following this one, for the record i'm not sure where i sit on hunting, i do enjoy working my dogs, so with that comes shooting, and there are many things i love about the shoot we go on, but to name a few, the tradition of it, the chance to be out all day with my dogs doing what they are bred to do and that they love, the friends i have made and the fact that everything goes in the pot.

I understand from there that foxes need to be managed, and i have hunted in my younger days, to me death is death, whether it be from a clean shot or a dog, as long as it is quick and it is clean i have no preference, i do think that shooting, trapping etc is indescriminate and i do believe that hunting as long as we're not getting in to digging them out is a bit more selective, but these are my believes.

This is always going to be an emotive subject, and well done to all that have been taking part for keeping it civil
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
And then humans catching up injured/ill foxes, treating them, and releasing them into the countryside to fend for themselves in an unknown environment, without the appropriate skills to survive.

I'd be interested to know what your solution is to the growing population of humans, if you believe that we don't need to control populations just because we've taken over *their* land?
Ok, start another thread - make interesting topic.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Didn't say I agreed with it just threw it into the mix. Yes they would have to be checked frequently and yes thefox would need grasses etc in there, but they do have a use.
What would grass do to make it more acceptable? I'm assuming you mean the non smokeable variety?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
What would grass do to make it more acceptable? I'm assuming you mean the non smokeable variety?
ROFL! maybe, but now you mention it....
I did just mean to make it less cage like in some way!
Page 23 of 27 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »