View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Am sorry about the incident you had and can understand your concern and worry about your dogs and your own safety too. My friend who had IWH's had a guard of which you have spoken about(i think). Good luck with finding a van or guard, you'll do it somehow(try approaching welding/fabrication places maybe and advertising on your car for them) and care very much about your dogs.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 07:15 PM
People rarely tend to want a lift in my car as they have to move the ten ton of dog paraphenalia I have sat in there permanently - Moon's Mum can attest to that fact
OH has insisted my new car is kept nice and clean - hopefully some custom dog cages in the back will do the job of confining the hair and mud to one place, and I keep meaning to sit down and sew myself a "doggy bag" so that I can keep the essentials in it, ready to grab and take with me wherever I'll need it.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Anybody who owns a Scenic will know they come with plenty of cubby holes and drawers so everything is neatly stashed away.
Since my dogs go everywhere in the car I find it's easier to keep most things in there otherwise i'll end up forgetting stuff. I have a tendency to just put their collars on, pile them in and drive and I even used to forget leads!
Scenic's are great for space saving!

Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
How about a chinese crested with no teeth
Sounds perfect - now enlarge them and they'd be perfect!
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 08:44 PM
My car is just for me and my dogs, I had 2 dogs when I got it new (August 98, S Reg, Land Rover Freelander), I now have 5!!! The back seats are permanently folded up and a dog guard behind them, tailgate guard at the back and a divider between them. The back door pocket has dog leads and a 5 litre bottle of water, there are bowls in each compartment at the back. In the front, there is a box of poo bags in the front door pocket. On the passenger seat is a bag full of dog toys and the dogs harnesses (for flyball), there's usually a bag of treats in the car too. Nobody ever wants a lift in my car and if I do give them a lift they complain about it smelly doggy!!!
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Oh gosh,.

I have bowls, water bottles, various leads, dog coats, plastic mat for the boot, treats, poo bags, dog walking wellies/boots, waterproof coats and lots of mud testament to all the walkies we take the dogs on lol!

It's not a show car, I'm usually embarrassed to offer people a lift. They usually say 'Oh, this is a proper vet's car' (ie, it's a mess!)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Lol I just remembered - there is dog sick stains (Sadie is travel sick) on the floor & my laptop bag - thats the last time it sits in the back with her - UGH! LOL
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
As I get older, I seem to find more things to worry about and an accident involving the rear end of my car is a big worry for me. Whenever I drive down the motorway my only thought is "what if I have an accident and the boot flies open and my dogs get loose on the carriageway".

I am after the Barjo tailgate guard (tailgate guards are near impossible to find ready made for my particular model) but at near £200 it's money I cant find.

What I desperately need is a van!
We have a pergeot partner. It has five seats but the back ones are usually folded up to fit all our (Tobys) junk in!

The only prob I have with it is that the tailgate can be closed without actually having locked (so it will just lift straight up without pulling the handle). You have to make sure you slam and then pull to check it has fastened right. Unfortunately its also the only door in the car that can be open without the dashboard shouting "beep beep beep" at me!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Take all of the above..and add:

2 saddles
3 bridles
1 headcollar
2 rugs
1 numnah
1 saddlecloth
2 water containers
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Another kennel on wheels here too. LOL. I really want a ford mustang but, I want a dog more. No room in mustang for dog so I'm sticking with my land rover.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I have:
*rear guard
*leads attached to car to secure them while driving
*2/3 spare leads
*spikes to put in ground to tie dog to
*shade for back window
*shade for front window
*water bowl
*bottle with water
*poo bags
*spare collar
*couple of toys
*blankets they sit on in back
*towel

Think that's about it, the back seats are constantly down unless I have a human passenger, I also add things when we go out like harness and my boots etc.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >