Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2008, 02:20 PM

What A Storm!!

It was really spooky, the speed the clouds rolled in over the house. We had to put the lights on in the house it was so dark. It looked like someone had knocked the sun out of the sky. Then the thunder began with massive flashes of lightening. It was about this time that I realised the rabbit was still in her run outside so I had to don the old rain coat and chase her into her hutch so I could shut the door to keep her safe. Now bear in mind I'm now down the bottom of the garden which is a good 60 to 70 foot long, the hail began. They were the size of a one euro coin AND THEY HURT! So, at high speed I take off towards the house, running on now water logged lawn. BIG MISTAKE! Out go my feet from underneath me, up go my arms and down goes my butt, right in the muddiest bit going. I manage to drag myself back up but because I wear glasses I couldn't see through the water that was sitting on the lenses. I wander forward only to trip over the edge of Sophie's paddling pool. Not too much of a problem because it's got a cover over it ... that had sagged through the weight of the rain gathering. Now this time I'm able to use my hands to save myself so, straight into the cold water they go, right up to my wrists. I did think I'd got away with being seen by anyone so I sneeked into the house and went upstairs to get changed. This is when I heard the muffled giggles coming from Sophie's bedroom. She was hidden under her duvet with her pillow on her head so I didn't hear her. The little rat had been watching me out of her bedroom window and had seen everything. To top it all Dingo was standing on the window sill wagging his tail at me looking like he'd got a huge grin on his face as well.

I am definately having a bad day.

Heidi
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-05-2008, 09:38 AM
We ducked for cover when we saw this approach

Game of twister, anyone?
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh dear. poor you, hope you're all dry and warm now

A video would have been nice
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Flippin hell, herard Somerset got a bashing lastnight Or was I dreaming?

http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/vi...00508_0800.flv

Becky is in somerset any one heard how she is?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Sorry Heidi but I'm with your daughter on this one (except I don't have a duvet/pillow handy so )...your description just really made me laugh.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 09:56 AM
We were in Somerset yesterday evening, just leaving the Bath and West Showground, driving back to Bristol.

The rain was horrendous - never known anything like it. It was sooo dark and the roads were so covered in water you could barely see them.

OH was driving (thank goodness - because I would have stopped and cried), and at one point he said that he could not see the road and had no idea where the road was
At that point I was scared, because he is an excellent driver (advanced training) and I have never heard him say that before !!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 10:44 AM
lmao,,, so funny sorry fliggle but its a hoot, lol, just glad no harm was done x