Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 08:04 AM

Morning Dailey Dogsey Thread (Thursday)

Good morning everyone,

Have walked Amber the wind is cold out there. Ankle is just about holding its own. It was very bad again last night. Have taken ibuprofen and rubbed it with volterol.

Lynn, hope Gorden was able to fix the loo last night and I hope that firm gets the part for your boiler too.

Eileen hope your tiler and tiles turn up ok today.

Hope all poorlies are feeling better this morning. Have a good day, stay safe, warm and dry and above all well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Morning Moyra. Sorry to hear the ankle is still giving you trouble. I wonder if this really cold weather is contributing to the discomfort.
Hope all other poorlies are feeling better.

No luck with the loo. Got it all plumbed in no leaks switched it on and it didn't pump out. Another late night as Gorden got held up unexpectedly so instead of being home early as planned it was 9 pm when he arrived then had tea so didn't start on the loo till gone 9.30. So on the internet he got we were thinking just our luck we have got the faulty macerator. He did a test and it seems we have a blockage further along the pipes these are small bore pipes so now today or tomorrow I have to go out to buy some clever device from screwfix to see if we can dislodge the blockage. So it seems it wasn't the macerator at all but buying anew one was probably a good move once we get the blockage sorted. So fingers crossed its sorted Saturday. Till then its still the camping loo. I am chasing up the heating people today to see where we are with them. Fingers crossed they have the part and can come tomorrow if not I shall tell them I can source it can they come tomorrow to fit it ? If they start playing up I really do not know what to do I am so tired and p**d off I think I will just give up with it all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Well would you believe it. The £100 we have been waiting since before Christmas for from the engineer that damaged the boiler has at last arrived this morning by registered/recorded delivery. He has had another bad review due to messing about with turning up and not doing a good job and the person who wrote the review looked into him and found out his gas wise certificate had run out so he shouldn't of been installing any gas appliances.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Morning Moyra and Lynn and all who follow

Moyra I think we all need some sun and warmth on our bones to feel better. Yesterday we had four seasons in one day.

Lynn I do feel for you. Dealing with all these ongoing problems is just so draining isn't it.

Have a lot of catching up today hope the weather will be kind.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Well it is small mercies Lynn after what you had to pay him. Still it will help. I wonder if that Mr Muscle would clear your pipes or is it not as good as advertised?

It looks like our friends to the north are sure getting all the snow!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Good morning fellow members cold and wet here with snow on the hills but not as bad as I expected.

Son coming for lunch so I am off to make him some olive bread to go with the home made soup.

Enjoy your day everyone....
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 09:03 AM
How's your chest now Meg, are you on the mend?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Morning all. Cold and wet here today.
Moyra, please be careful using Ibuprofen and Volterol together. I know Volterol is a gel but it is still absorbed into the body.
Oh dearrrrr Lynn, your problems put all ours into perspective. Good luck today with Screwfix. I can only imagine how low you are feeling but maybe that cheque and review will go some way to cheering you up Is there any possibility of a claim because of his certificate being out of date?
Good morning Twix and Meg, hope you are feeling better Meg.

I think today I might just hibernate!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Morning, all. Hope everyone is okay.

Lynn, we had quite vicious stoppage in our toilet once. Caused by accidentally flushing a pot of cornstarch by two silly kids (my brother and I) down a low flow, water conservation toilet.

Dad had no idea what was wrong. Tried the advertised liquid stuff, did not work. Dad had a look down the pipes, did not work. Apparently it made it a while before it backed up and got lodged. We didn't want to get in trouble so we didn't tell him until he had absolutely failed.

They were going to have to tear out the walls and open up many pipes to find the blockage. Expensive, messy, etc. Dad went to the hardware store and found industrial strength sulfuric acid. It instantly melts flesh, is horribly toxic and smelly, and is not environmentally friendly... but it worked!

If you haven't tried this, check Google about it. Lots of information about it. It's dangerous stuff but it saved us from an expensive and horrid plumber repair.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Morning,
Woke up to a Winter Wonderland Its beautiful,glad Leah is off school today though and tomorrow
Tiler is working away
LYNN,fingers crossed for you,hope you get things sorted(( hugs))
Can't take the car out( its a disaster in the snow) so I'll triple layer myself and the Princess and head down to the shop.Workmen get fry up's in this house It is freezing!!
Hope everyone is ok,have a great day all
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »