Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Evening Chris.
No not a peep so guess there was nothing to report on the condition report.
The surveyor did say he was sent in to check for cracks and splits and there weren't any or none of any significance I expect there would be some in a house of this age.
Buyers haven't been in touch with agent or solicitor about reducing price due to any problems so all must be ok.

I am worried about the macerator bathroom upstairs it's all working although we rarely use it now we have the downstairs one.
Agent was told so if they haven't mentioned it when showing people round I suppose it's not our fault.
Gorden and others say to me stop worrying it works and unlike us when we moved in it is not the only bathroom so if it does break down or there is a power cut there is a functioning bathroom in the house.
If they aren't aware I hope they don't try to get a reduction when moved through their solicitor.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2018, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't worry, Lynn. You told the agents about it so if there were to be a comeback (which I highly doubt) it comes back on them, not you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-10-2018, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Buyers haven't been in touch with agent or solicitor about reducing price due to any problems so all must be ok.

I am worried about the macerator bathroom upstairs it's all working ................................
If they aren't aware I hope they don't try to get a reduction when moved through their solicitor.

Hi Lynn, you have nothing to worry about, the buyers would have been in touch by now for sure if any problems.

If the macerator upstairs is working once again you have nothing to worry about and why should you even think about 'do they know it's a macerator ' It flushes just like any normal toilet - no difference in end result (so long as it works.) You worry too much

I'd be getting those cardboard boxes ordered and packed if I was you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-10-2018, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I wouldn't worry, Lynn. You told the agents about it so if there were to be a comeback (which I highly doubt) it comes back on them, not you

Chris, I agree. Just what are you supposed to tell a buyer

A few months after we moved here we found the kitchen sink didn't drain properly, checked a number of things, had a guy (doing other work) run his telescopic brush thing along the pipe, didn't help, so had to get the high pressure water jet people in (Same as Dynorod but cheaper) there was a huge blockage of fat and other horrible stuff in the drain pipe

I didn't even think about making a 'post contract' claim, all the hassle of explaining to solicitors, providing proof, letters and phone calls, nah just not worth it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2