Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 09:11 AM

What a cock up(show)

Well, travelled to Bulith Wells on Friday to sleep over for the show on the Saturday, slept in my van, and really enjoyed the grounds as there was hardly anyone there and I had loads of area to walk run my dogs without worry of meeting up with other dogs, made a big mistake of watching the Excorsism of emily Rose on my portable DVD player, as I was parked up totally on my own on the car park lol didnt get much sleep as in the middle of the night the temp dropped and I was frozen, and too cold to get out of my bed to get another quilt, eventually at about 4am decided I needed to move and get the quilt, once that was done I settled down for my sleep, lol 7.30 am alarm went off, and I started getting sorted to take crates into the benching area, by 9am I was all set up for the judging to start at 9.30am, Welllll 10.30 am and the judge had still not turned up it appears that as the show had been advertised in a few places on the wrong date, the judge thought he was judging NEXT WEEK, why he didnt look at his contract I dont know, he had 4 breeds to judge apparently so the show secretary etc had to run around finding judges qualified to judge each breed, eventually they sorted one out for our breed and judging commenced,up to that point I was really annoyed I had payed for 4 dogs and only ended up taking two, I had paid for caravan parking, and for convenience parked in the car park, so more wasted money, and then thought there was not going to be any judging. long and short, Timber got a 1st and Willow got a 4th lol Oh well lol.

Mo
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Oh dear Mo the joys of showing... think of it as a little holiday !
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Dear me Well Done to Timber and Willow xx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Well Done Timber & Willow
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Oh Dear MO, think that judge was looking for an excuse, why else would he not have looked at the 3, yes 3, letters all stating the date that form a contract. Never mind all well etc.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

17-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Given up showing now but I don't think I ever went to the Working Breeds at Builth Wells when it was warm. Luckily I used to stay with my bitches breeder and it halved the distance on the day. I had a camper van years ago and remember one show when I finished up with two hotwater bottles and the dog inside the sleeping bag with me - uncomfortable but I did get warm. - It was worth it he did very well that day Logoes.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 07:17 PM
awww what a nightmare! Glad you got good results in the end though, well done to you and your babies
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Seems as though there was major lack of communication going on.But a very well done for your achievments on the day.