Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Glenrock
New Member!
Male 

12-03-2010, 04:30 PM

Suspect pet supplies web site

I ordered some pet toothpaste from a website called ultimateanimals.co.uk Credit card was debited immediately but no other acknowledgements have been received. I have e-mailed asking when I could expect delivery but again, no response.
I "googled" .. "Ultimateanimals" in an attempt to find a phone number (none on the website !) and came across a reference to this company on the "Money Saving Expert" chat forum.
This forum contained letters from people who had also ordered supplies from this company and had waited for months for goods which never arrived. Their Credit Cards had also been charged almost immediately on receipt of order.
Has anybody else had problems with Ultimateanimals.com ?
You should be warned.
If I should receive my order I will let you know.
Glenrock
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Nope, never heard of them but thanks for the warning. I hope you're not put out to loose too much money.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Never heard of them myself, I always stick to the big popular ones, but I hope you get the goods. It might be an idea to phone your credit card company and see what has been taken out after this transaction,coz you just never know with these types of peops do you! Afterall, you have given them all the details off your card, and if they're a non bona fide site, then who knows???!!! I'd give them a ring if it were me just to feel a bit more secure about this, let alone the dog toothpaste.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 04:59 PM
On their website it says

"ULTIMATE ANIMALS is operated under license by Brambles Pet Shop Ltd"

They haven't filed a contact number with Companies House (holder of all company information), but their address and company number is http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/67...7b/compdetails
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 05:00 PM
This company is on the same site, so it may be worth ringing them and asking for their number http://www.jotasport.com/contact/
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the warning....Hope you manage to get your money back x
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Also... On their website, it says "All credit/debit card details are entered directly into PayPal our secure online Payment Provider, and are not held in any readable format on any of our systems. " which means if you don't receive goods, you should be able to contact Paypal directly to investigate and they are pretty good when investigating not receipt of goods.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Sounds grim - thanks for the warning....
Glenrock
New Member!
Male 

12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Also... On their website, it says "All credit/debit card details are entered directly into PayPal our secure online Payment Provider, and are not held in any readable format on any of our systems. " which means if you don't receive goods, you should be able to contact Paypal directly to investigate and they are pretty good when investigating not receipt of goods.
Thanks Jesterjenn,
your investigative work and information is very much appreciated. I, too, looked up their situation re Companies House and your suggestion regarding "Paypal" is very helpful.
Much appreciated
Glenrock
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the warning, one thing I always check before ordering is that the company has a phone number on the website otherwise you do tend to find they're a bit bogus.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >