Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wentywoo
New Member!
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:03 AM

re homing

It actually really upsets me to write this but I have a sprocker puppy(looks just like a springer spaniel) who is 8 months old, absolutelty loveable but unfortunaely having a dog, a toddler and another baby on the way in April, I just can't cope. I know that sounds terrible. We lost our cocker spaniel in April to a muscular illness he was 3 and a half and I desperately wanted another dog-maybe I didn't think about this properly. He has been the perfect puppy, excellent with my daughter but unforunately my husband has re located his job and it is now down to me and I just can't manage child, dog and newborn. That may sound lame but I am really struggling. I don't want sympathy just dvice or help. I really don't want him to go as I love having him but the day to day is coming really tiring. I would be happy for him to g to a loving home as that is what he needs. Don't get me wrong he is loved so much here but I feel that he deserves more. He needs exercise and loves chidren and family life. My baby is due in April and I would like to re home him before then. Any advice on this topic or interested parties please let me know. I live in Essex
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Your first port of call should be your puppy's breeder, I would be extremely upset if anyone rehomed a dog I had bred without contacting me. Responsible breeders always take back dogs they breed at any age. A breeder has responsibility for their puppies from conception to death(as do stud dog owners of course)
Wentywoo
New Member!
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:21 AM
That was my first port of call and have tried to contact her but no luck as of yet. I feel so guilty. I will continue to call her as I know that she did always say please let her know. She is not an "Actual" breeder, more of a mistake her bitch getting pregnant. Thank you for the advice
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Can't give advice but sounds like you are suffering and that you are making the right decision for the dog. Good luck.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 10:33 AM
It is the hardest thing having to rehome a dog.

I also have two children, there is only a year between them they are now 4 and 5.

It is not easy, juggling dogs and kids, but all i can say is think very carefully about it! I know you prob have.
But you might regret your decision.
My dogs are a light relief when the kids get on my nerves , nothing better than a dog walk!!

Things may seem impossible...but it wouldnt be long before you can manage.

I used to stick mine in a double buggy and walk the dogs.

I know you didnt want advice, but just want you to make right decision for you...if that is to rehome your dog then wish you the best of luck xx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Wentywoo View Post
That was my first port of call and have tried to contact her but no luck as of yet. I feel so guilty. I will continue to call her as I know that she did always say please let her know. She is not an "Actual" breeder, more of a mistake her bitch getting pregnant. Thank you for the advice
She is still the breeder, if your bitch has a litter whether planned or not(there are no"accidental litters")it makes you a breeder
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Im sure some one on here was looking for sprocker last week??
ATD x
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 12:16 PM
There was someone who had a post on here this week or last week looking for breeders of sprockers as she was interested in getting one maybe if she sees this she might be interested in your one ? Good luck
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi don't beat yourself up over it. At least you realise you won't cope, and are being responsible in trying to find your pup a nice home now rather than struggling on and him not getting the best.
Where in Essex are you as I may be able to help?
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 12:29 PM
That's what I said too !
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >