Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
So glad to hear that Ollie's home Lyn, still sending healing thoughts your way, he's home with you both at the moment and that's the main thing, he knows how much you all love him and that can help more than people think sometimes, as much as he was getting used to the people in the hospital they're not you and Gordon, his people . Gentle hugs from us all here and hoping that Ollie's improvement progresses well. xx
Thank you we are hoping being home will show the improvement we need if it doesn't then it is re-think time.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Hope you all had a good peaceful night Lynn.
Peaceful night thank you Bev. He slept well on his memory foam mattress. I slept a bit easier too last night still extremely worried but it just feels better having him back home and we can take each day as it comes now.

Hop you get your day sorted out.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Glad Ollie had a good night, really hope being at home today makes his improvement take a leap (almost literally!)
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Really glad you all had a peaceful night.
x
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Good to hear you had a peaceful night, I hope Ollie has a good day today.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh my goodness Lynn

I have just read this thread from start to finish and my goodness I have cried I have smiled I have felt your desperation and shared your joy.

I have no idea how I missed this and I am so sorry that I didn't offer my support as you were going through this

You have been through the mill and back. Hugs to you Gordon and Ollie.

Now I know its not the same but have you thought of accupuncture? I know it helped Ben use his back legs again and I am sure Stephs Reah had accupuncture too - I know it was a diffrent condition but I was honestly amazed I think within 3 sessions Ben was supporting himself when walking. Its not that expensive either and you may find your insurance covers it seperately from the treatment Ollie has already had. Bens did so we had an additional £750 to spend on complimentary treatments.

As others have said Lynn just take each day as it comes there will be peaks and troughs in the recovery but as long as the base line of recovery stays where it is or improves any then things are good though I know how hard it is to cope with and how frustrating it is. If we could take the illness for them we would but its your love and strength that will be the best healing powers for your dear sweet boy. Hang on in there Lynn as I know you will and we are sending you all love and best wishes xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
Glad Ollie had a good night, really hope being at home today makes his improvement take a leap (almost literally!)
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Really glad you all had a peaceful night.
x
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Good to hear you had a peaceful night, I hope Ollie has a good day today.
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Oh my goodness Lynn

I have just read this thread from start to finish and my goodness I have cried I have smiled I have felt your desperation and shared your joy.

I have no idea how I missed this and I am so sorry that I didn't offer my support as you were going through this

You have been through the mill and back. Hugs to you Gordon and Ollie.

Now I know its not the same but have you thought of accupuncture? I know it helped Ben use his back legs again and I am sure Stephs Reah had accupuncture too - I know it was a diffrent condition but I was honestly amazed I think within 3 sessions Ben was supporting himself when walking. Its not that expensive either and you may find your insurance covers it seperately from the treatment Ollie has already had. Bens did so we had an additional £750 to spend on complimentary treatments.

As others have said Lynn just take each day as it comes there will be peaks and troughs in the recovery but as long as the base line of recovery stays where it is or improves any then things are good though I know how hard it is to cope with and how frustrating it is. If we could take the illness for them we would but its your love and strength that will be the best healing powers for your dear sweet boy. Hang on in there Lynn as I know you will and we are sending you all love and best wishes xxx
Thank you all.

BM nothing has been mentioned as yet with regards to alternative therapies I think it is wait and see if he makes any slow but definite improvement at the moment.

I would normally of said due to his fear of strangers and strange things he would not tolerate it but as he has just spent 1o days away from us and grown too love his neurosurgeon and some of the nurses I think he may well be able too tolerate some help if they felt it necessary and useful.

Don't worry you missed the thread but thank you for your lovely post.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Very pleased to read he is back at home now Lynn. It might be just the thing he needs to start showing some signs of improvement. Just being back at home surrounded by his loved ones must give him more strength to fight through this.

I continue to hope and pray he shows signs of getting stronger soon. Best wishes to you xxx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Hope Ollie and you are all cosy,warm n having lots of rest n cuddles. Sending big hugs xx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Wonderful to hear Ollie is home. Whatever happens from now on at least he is home. You will do the best and right thing whatever for him and at least you can hug and love him whenever you want too. Really hope and pray he gets better and recovers.
Gentle hugs from me and mine
xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Very pleased to read he is back at home now Lynn. It might be just the thing he needs to start showing some signs of improvement. Just being back at home surrounded by his loved ones must give him more strength to fight through this.

I continue to hope and pray he shows signs of getting stronger soon. Best wishes to you xxx
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Hope Ollie and you are all cosy,warm n having lots of rest n cuddles. Sending big hugs xx
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
Wonderful to hear Ollie is home. Whatever happens from now on at least he is home. You will do the best and right thing whatever for him and at least you can hug and love him whenever you want too. Really hope and pray he gets better and recovers.
Gentle hugs from me and mine
xxx
Thank you all. Time will tell now about his recovery when you see him walk it is almost impossible to think he will recover but I have had a good nights sleep the first in 11 nights and am feeling more positive today although I will still have in the back of my mind it might not work out.

But I feel more able too cope now than I have done since this all started.

All the good wishes from people have really helped keep me going through this worrying time.
Page 59 of 123 « First < 9 49 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 69 109 > Last »