Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
Hi silly question If it just covers the illness for just one year can you re-take the same policy on following years to actually cover it - what if it doesn't last the whole year? Does the time frame roll over to the next year??
You`ll find that previous conditions are excluded from future policies. That`s why you can`t move to another company if your dog has had an illness, as they will exclude that illness and it`s consequences.
Is the Argos one a 12 monthly one?
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter View Post
I work at a vet surgery & have found that people are caught out ALOT by the fact they do not cover an illness for life, just for 1 year!

Be careful!

I have insurance for 2 of mine and they have lifetime cover for any illness. It may be more per month, but at least they are covered for more than 12!

argos cover is for the illness up to the 7k limit, wether the illness lasts 1yr or 10+yrs. as long as you re-new each year.

2yrs i've been claiming for 1 illness and only reached £1500.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I have Platinum cover with argos for one of mine. I have never claimed (over 3 years) and it jumped up to £30 per month this year, I am going to look around and change it.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2008, 06:19 AM
mu pup was with argos platnium £14.75 per month!!! for life of the illness!!
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-09-2008, 08:30 PM
I used (and am stuck with) More Than for Libby. I would not use them again. It has cost me a huge amount of money over the years as their percentage method is not easy to follow and Libby's premium shot to £51.00 per month. On the past few claims they hardly paid me anything back. I have been reading some testimonials on Martins Money Tips where some people have got a high vet cover with life cover and no excess. As we have a new addition I am checking it out more. Also, with More Than we have hit the limit of £7000.00 so I will have to pay for future ops myself! Beware!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 08:15 PM
We chose Argos. I compared 9 different companies and they worked out to be the most extensive cover, for the lowest excess (something that was important to us). All for £12.97 a month for the platinum level.
I've read the samll print and they seem great.
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Ive just tried to get a quote from Argos for my 4 dogs and have been refused because "you are over the age limit for insurance" !

Cant believe it, IM too old to get insurance for my dogs, dont know whether to be angry or amused. Im not too hard to walk them, care for them, run a house and work in a demanding job but too old to insurance my pets. Surely this cant be legal! Anyone else found this.? Incidentall my dogs are all under 5 yrs old.
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Re the above post, Ive just rang Argos and asked about the age limit. Apparently there is no age limit for owners and the guy apologised and said the operator must have put my age down for one of the dogs!! Wish dogs did live that long but at least its sorted now!!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2008, 12:52 AM
just to let you all know......my renewal for Bonnie(beardieX) has gone DOWN by £2 for the next year.

am i shocked or what!!!!!!!!!!

i have NEVER claimed for her so i'm wondering wether thats the reason.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
just to let you all know......my renewal for Bonnie(beardieX) has gone DOWN by £2 for the next year.

am i shocked or what!!!!!!!!!!

i have NEVER claimed for her so i'm wondering wether thats the reason.
I have never claimed for my dog yet it shot up to £30 a month. Still haven't changed it though. I may phone up and tell them I am dissatisfied and that I will be moving on and see if they better the quote.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >