Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jillray
New Member!
Female 

01-08-2008, 09:45 AM

Just had a brillient quote (from Argos)

I've just received my renewal quote from the Kennel Club, they wanted £30.95 per month for Koda and £29.95 for Mya a month, I thought I would shop around and found a brillient deal with Argos the cover is almost identical to the Kennel Club, it's their Platinum insurance and it's only £32.36a month for both of them.
I'm so pleased.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Thats excellent and so useful to us all thanks for this posting will take a look and see what ours would cost
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I got asquote just minutes ago for My older Borzoi from Argos and for similar cover to what I have now it worked out at £29.97 per month as against £12.99 per Month with More Than, so perhaps before you accept Argos you shop around and check More han and some others.

I see also thaT Argos is underwritten by AXA and you may find going to axA direct is cheaper.

Though I suppose it varies from breed to breed.
Jillray
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I did try More Then, they wanted £32.79 for Koda and £29.79 for Mya for the same cover as I'm getting with Argos, I did try alot of insurance companies and Argos was the cheapest for me, I think it depends on the breed and post codes seem to come into it for some reason.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I tried them all when M&S put their prices up and Argos was the cheapest for the same cover that M&S offered. I pay just under £15 a month each for my 2
cavmadangi
New Member!
Female 

28-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi,
I too have insurance with argos for ckcs, it is the platinum cover and costs less than £12 a month and the cover is really good. We did shop around on internet and with information given by our vet, but Argos (underwritten by Axa) was the cheapest by far.
Angi
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Do you find that with the insurances being mentioned eg argos, more than axa etc that it is any amount for life any illness? This is what i have with my Leo. My gsd is different as he only has a set amount per illness though it is for life but as soon as that total is exceeded then i believe they won't cover that condition any more? He is insured by healthy pets - don't know if anyone else uses them?
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
Do you find that with the insurances being mentioned eg argos, more than axa etc that it is any amount for life any illness? This is what i have with my Leo. My gsd is different as he only has a set amount per illness though it is for life but as soon as that total is exceeded then i believe they won't cover that condition any more? He is insured by healthy pets - don't know if anyone else uses them?

7k for EACH illness, not for life. £60 excess.

they have been brilliant with my Leo and they pay either the vet direct or if you pay you get a cheque in 2 weeks.

i cant change now but i'm happy with Argos.

bonnie dog is also insured with them.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I work at a vet surgery & have found that people are caught out ALOT by the fact they do not cover an illness for life, just for 1 year!

Be careful!

I have insurance for 2 of mine and they have lifetime cover for any illness. It may be more per month, but at least they are covered for more than 12!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter View Post
I work at a vet surgery & have found that people are caught out ALOT by the fact they do not cover an illness for life, just for 1 year!

Be careful!

I have insurance for 2 of mine and they have lifetime cover for any illness. It may be more per month, but at least they are covered for more than 12!
Hi silly question If it just covers the illness for just one year can you re-take the same policy on following years to actually cover it - what if it doesn't last the whole year? Does the time frame roll over to the next year??
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >