Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 04:44 PM

Which dog guards are better???

Im looking into a proper fitted dog gaurd and tailgate for my new car and have looked at barjo and guardsman [athag??]

They both look good gaurds, but Im no expert!!! lol

The gaurdsman ones are more expensive but they are close to where I live so I could go and get it fitted properly for free, which I think is a bonus?!

Anyone any idea which is better?
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Always have Barjo and John always gets the tailgate fitted in 15-20 mins its quite easy
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 04:49 PM
There are lots on the market, including Barnesbrook and Hampster.

I have only used Barnesbrook and Barjo, both of which have given superb customer service, quality product, free fitting and bespoke as well as off the shelf.

I thought Guardsman were a little too pricey for me, I see they are advertising a tailgate that does not need bolting in, I would not trust that claim with my dogs!
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2011, 06:29 PM
I have a Barjo and it is brilliant, got mine off E-bay, took a while fore the right one to come up though, was about to buy a new one when I got lucky. A car bodywork man fitted it in about 15mins.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I've ordered mine from MMG guards, they worked out a little bit cheaper than Barjo and I'd seen pictures online of the same style guard I was after (fitting behind the front seats, not the back seats). They're due to arrive in the next week or two so I'll find out if they're worth the money (I hope so!)
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2011, 07:24 PM
I've got a Guardsman tailgate guard that has no bolts, it goes in easily in about 5 minutes and none of my lot have ever shifted it. It was made about 5 years ago and I've never had any problems with it. I found them helpful in the extreme and as they'd never made one for my model of vehicle before it took a bit longer to as they had to find a dealer that had one in stock and would let them measure up to save me having to take the car there in advance. I did go up for them to fit it though. I have no complaints and would use them again should the need arise.