Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 03:33 PM

Price of Dog first Aid Course

Have been looking at a dog/pet first aid course as a friendwas hoping we would set one up in our area (Birmingham) the most reasonable is priced at a mimimum of £25 for a 3 hour. hands on course with lots of aids & a book containing all the course information to take away with you. What do you think of this price & would any of you be prepared to pay this price for a course.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Have been looking at a dog/pet first aid course as a friendwas hoping we would set one up in our area (Birmingham) the most reasonable is priced at a mimimum of £25 for a 3 hour. hands on course with lots of aids & a book containing all the course information to take away with you. What do you think of this price & would any of you be prepared to pay this price for a course.
This is very cheap if it is fully comprehensive.

I looked into lots of first aid courses before the National Certificate in Canine First Aid came up, which is a nationally recognised qualification designed and delivered by vets.

As well as chalk and talk we did hands on REAL dogs plantar, palmar, femoral pulse etc, bandaging, muzzling and used resusci dogs for CPR.

We got a book to take away, a DVD and pocket FA kit.

We did a written exam and a viva voce and a certificate that lasts two years, I have just passed my refresher for another two years.

However this was far more expensive than this, £80 for the refresher.

This prices it out of the range of many people and bearing in mind that ANY knowledge is better than none I would think that £25 is very reasonable depending on the syllabus.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks it looks good, they have a resuss dog but other things are practiced on stuffed toy like dogs by the look of their literature.