View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Glad to hear she is getting treatment - hopefully she will soon feel a lot better. keep us informed on how she is

Sending Boxer vibes from us x
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 08:17 PM
I think the most important thing is that she is in there and on a drip, so she is hydrated.

Hope everything works out well. I think right now the important thing is to work out the root cause and keep her diet bland, rather than a food/diet change.

Let us know how it goes.

Fingers crossed here for you both x
mumof2boxers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-07-2011, 08:29 PM
i know shes in good hands,just hoping shes home soon,my younger boxer is just 1 yr old and has never been without her pal,shes looking for her,doubt any of us will get much sleep,

going to ring vets in the morning hope shes home soon
mumof2boxers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-07-2011, 10:18 AM
vets have rang me to say bloods came back fine,she seems better after a night with drip.

cant find anything wrong,shes to go on id diet for 3 weeks,and vet needs a poo sample.

iv to ring vets at 4pm for a time to collect
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Well on the plus side, nothing in the bloods hopefully rules out a lot of the serious stuff Hopefully it's just a nasty infection that will clear up soon. Glad she's coming home!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 10:45 AM
So glad to hear she's now in the right place to get proper treatment, and even more glad to read the bloods seem normal, that's a relief for you. If it is a girdia infection then the metronidazole she's been put on will clear that up, but please talk to your vet about giardia and see what he says - I've had this with both my dogs at the same time a couple of years ago, and it really is worth mentioning to him. If he suspects it could be, because it comes back in a couple of weeks, he will then give you a 3 day Panacur treatment for it which should get rid of it for good.

All the best, you must be so worried.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by mumof2boxers View Post
vets have rang me to say bloods came back fine,she seems better after a night with drip.

cant find anything wrong,shes to go on id diet for 3 weeks,and vet needs a poo sample.

iv to ring vets at 4pm for a time to collect
well at least they will have ruled out a few things by now and there is an improvement

Hope all goes well and I expect they might tell you more when you pick her up.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2