View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't feed raw, however the dogs do sometimes have chicken wings or RMB when I can get hold of them...

Sadly, most of the vets at my practice are aghast at the thought; and I've been subject to a couple of lectures about how I'll kill the dogs doing this...

I just don't mention it anymore!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2011, 03:35 PM
The first vet of Ollie's was so rude to me about feeding raw I wrote a letter of complaint and we were flagged not to to see him again. Turns out he owns the franchise and afew others locally.

When we changed vets I mentioned Ollie was raw fed he didn't agree with it and said he had to point out about salmonella etc., but thought I was probably aware of all these things anyway and he was not there to tell me how to feed or not to feed that was my personal choice. We will be registering new pup at that practice.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:02 PM
It did come up once when the dogs were at the vets and my vet immediately advised against it so I dont think the practice advocate raw feeding (Hill Science is their choice, surprise surprise). I dont mention it and they generally dont ask.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 07:44 PM
nope my vets dont like raw feeding.. they want me to feed hills. my dogs would look at me in disgust if i put a bowl of that in front of them instead of their chicken wings!!!

they gave me the whole bones will kill your dog talk..

but my vets try and make me buy things every time i go in. they try and con me into paying £15 a month per dog which covers flea treatment worming, yearly vaccination and a check up. you cant tell me that adds up to £180 per a dog a year!!

so i am in the process of looking for a new vet. i think i have found them too i did my work experience there when i was 14, so ive seen behind the scenes too
rossi roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2011, 07:49 PM
our vet was horrified that i had stopped feeding royal canin tried to advise me to stick with the main kibbles ie r/c hills he just rolled his eyes when i mentioned raw enough said
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The first vet of Ollie's was so rude to me about feeding raw I wrote a letter of complaint and we were flagged not to to see him again. Turns out he owns the franchise and afew others locally.

When we changed vets I mentioned Ollie was raw fed he didn't agree with it and said he had to point out about salmonella etc., but thought I was probably aware of all these things anyway and he was not there to tell me how to feed or not to feed that was my personal choice. We will be registering new pup at that practice.
Out of interest Lynn which vet was that. I've spoken to Mark about raw feeding and he's not entirely happy with it but I've always found Anita and Richard quite pro. Oh just realised I'm assuming you mean Highfield buy maybe you're not. Oops.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 12:01 AM
The vet Jake goes to doesn't mind it... i told her i was feeding raw, and she just suggested i feed a meal of raw and a meal of kibble to make sure he gets a full balanced diet... i told her i wasn't really planning on doing that, but she said no more about it... he hasn't been to the vet since, so it's not been discussed again.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 05:57 AM
we discussed it with our vet before changing over because of Millies AIHA, he just said to give it a go, and asks how its going everytime we go in, although the condition of the dogs speaks for itself, i have however had to change Fudge back, because he always seemed to be hungry no matter how much i fed him, and this in turn made a horror around food with the others, but i think this is more to do with his medical condition rather than anything else
Carla0305
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Visited my vets today and mentioned I raw feed now. She was actually quiet supportive just said I should add some vegetables and recommended feeding my youngest half and half (kibble)
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Havn't discussed it with my vet, the first time I went in there to get my new rescue checked over he told me that he (a sibe mally cross) was small for a husky.... I took that as a sign of his complete ignorance towards anything none surgical and didnt bother seeing him again.... we are just coming round to vaccination time again and I'm looking at a different vet, a vets4pets (looking at the vaccination for life program) if anyone knows if their any good?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >