Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 11:41 AM

Viscious dog fight!!! I'm shaking.....

So here I am sitting quietly at puter, when Ben and Poppy start barking, so I go and see what the fuss is all about.
There is a lady outside my back gate screaming and crying! Then I see what is going on.
She owns a Westie I think, or a Yorkie, anyway a small white dog) and walks it past our back gate 2 or 3 times a day, always on a lead. this young lad came past with his Staff and the lady said to him my dog is a bit of a nark (just so he knows) Next min the Staff had her dog by the throat (the Staff was not on lead, by the way )
So for the next 20 mins there are 5 of us chasing this dog round the estate. Mum is in a terrible state. So I take her home, and continue the chase. I made sure I closed my 2 in the house and closed the gate.
The Staff kept catching the Westie and shaking it and biting it, the poor little thing was screaming.
We finally caught her and the owner of the Staff caught him.
I said the lad that his dog should have been on a lead. and that it is ilegal to be in a public place with a dog that is allowed to run free. He started argueing with me that it wasn't, so I said "do you want me to prove it to you and ring the police?" he just went quiet.
Went back to see the little Westie and she is bitten in a few places, shivering and terrified. The owners told me that she is eplileptic as well. So they are at the vets now.
As I was walking back I took the short cut over the grassy bit at the back of our bungalow and saw a familiar little face Only Poppy running up and down the hill When I got to the top there was Ben, lying quite happily by the back gate . How the hell they got out I just do not know. Because I closed the back door and the gate. Ben must have opened both. I dread to think what would have happened if that Staff had still been around.
The lady said she will let me know how her little one is later.
I told her she should report the dog.
Elaine x
spot
Dogsey Veteran

11-03-2009, 12:08 PM
I feel so sorry for you and the westie and her mum it must of been horrible to see this and I hope all involved are ok.

Its one of my nightmares round here. There are plenty of dogs, not just staffies but rotties to and what some people think are pitbulls (they're not but who am I to tell them theyve been conned) many off lead. Most are well behaved but as I walk all mine muzzled I dread to think what could happen.

If I was you I would still contact the local dog warden if possible and ask them to keep a look out for the owner.

Hugs to you and your lot - thank goodness they were ok.

Let us know how the westie gets on - and I hope the idiot is going to pay the bills!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
I feel so sorry for you and the westie and her mum it must of been horrible to see this and I hope all involved are ok.

Its one of my nightmares round here. There are plenty of dogs, not just staffies but rotties to and what some people think are pitbulls (they're not but who am I to tell them theyve been conned) many off lead. Most are well behaved but as I walk all mine muzzled I dread to think what could happen.

If I was you I would still contact the local dog warden if possible and ask them to keep a look out for the owner.

Hugs to you and your lot - thank goodness they were ok.

Let us know how the westie gets on - and I hope the idiot is going to pay the bills!
Thanks Spot, yea I will wait and see how the little'un is first and ask them what they want to do. If they want to take it further I will happily report it. So sad though as it will probs mean another dog pts through bad ownership.
Elaine x
PS. The owner of the Westie was bitten by the Staff I told him he should get it checked out. Dont know if the Staff bit him on purpose or was trying to bite the Westie....not looking good for the Staff though.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 12:11 PM
OMG, that must be the worst thing in the world to see,

let us know how the wee one is x
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 12:12 PM
How horrible for all of you! My dog got into a very brief fight with a Staffy and afterwards I felt sick and giddy from the shock. It was really frightening at the time.

You are quite right it should be reported as the Staffy was "dangerously out of control" by being off his lead. You can have a dog off it's lead if you have control of it.....which he clearly didn't.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Poor little Westie, and well done for helping out Elaine, it must have been a very shocking thing to witness.

I hope the Westie is okay, and would say that this definitely needs reporting This dog could kill another next time
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Thats terrible, I would be shaking too.

I hope the little dog is OK, she should definitely report it to the police, they may take more notice if she stresses that the dog bit her. (from previous posts they don't seem to care if it just attacked the dog).
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 12:37 PM
How awful!

I am so sick to death of these chavvy Staff owners that seem incapable of putting their aggressive animals on leads. I dare say that poor little dog will be scarred to life mentally now and that chav will be back out roaming the streets with his vicious dog off lead and out of control again.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
oh how horrid. I can imagine how she feels as a staff attacked my Missy and I had to get it off.
Prayers for the little Westie - and I hope the owner reports it - and the bite !
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
How awful! It really does drive me mad when I see people walking staffs off the lead. Whilst I love staffs and I know they are very people friendly the reality is that the vast majority are not dog friendly and should therefore be kept on a lead. These bloomin idiot owners are the ones who are going to cause the breed to be banned.

I would have rung the police there and then.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »