View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 08:06 AM
when i saw the thread title ,i wondered should it be in this section at all then i read on,what a good idea,will be lovely to sit in the garden on these nippy nights and watch the flames dancing,see hes a old romantic xx
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-07-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm a bit miffed about this one as well. I thought a pit was a hole. How do you buy a hole. Is it bulky, heavy, is it supplied with carrying handles .Is it flat packed. Now if anyone is an expert on this it should be 'hotpot' Becky, i know i upset her last time saying she came from flat cap and whippet county, but i know there are pits where she comes from,cos Ive seen them. So Becky define a 'pit', is it not a hole. You lot doing a bit of leg pulling here.
Anyway changing the subject i see Phil Drabble died today (one man and his dog) just in case no one recognizes the name. He will be a great loss to country folk everywhere, being such a popular man
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Well I must be a bit dim or even very dim -what an earth is a fire pit?
Here is a fire pit like our fire pit...

http://www.garden4less.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=58111

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
It's a pit where you can light a fire lol! Sounds like you had a great time Becky!
Becky
It was great fun, my OH wants some potatoes to bake now

Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
LOL sounds like you had rather a lot of fun! I like the sound of the toasted marshmallows mmmmmm!
They were very nice, and fat free! The bananas were better though.

Originally Posted by john100 View Post
I'm a bit miffed about this one as well. I thought a pit was a hole. How do you buy a hole. Is it bulky, heavy, is it supplied with carrying handles .Is it flat packed.
It's a hole on legs silly!
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-07-2007, 06:34 PM

This is what we use in Northamptonshire. Now this is what you call a fire pit. This is me with a few friends enjoying an evening of roasting marsh mellows and 'hottie potatoes'
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
we tried to blow things up.

I highly recommend this burning malarky!

Beat this for real fun.........

Mrs S and I obtained a 45gal. oil drum, to act as a water butt. When it arrived, it still had some acetone slurping around in the bottom

To get rid of it, I chucked in a cupful of petrol and some burning paper, then we went shopping. We could look back and see a column of smoke rising several hundred feet in the air!

When we got home again, it had gone out, but the drum was clean and the house was still standing!

Setting things on fire is fun.

Oh, by the way, in case anyone wonders.... we didn't have a dog in those days!

Snorri
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post

Beat this for real fun.........

Mrs S and I obtained a 45gal. oil drum, to act as a water butt. When it arrived, it still had some acetone slurping around in the bottom

To get rid of it, I chucked in a cupful of petrol and some burning paper, then we went shopping. We could look back and see a column of smoke rising several hundred feet in the air!

When we got home again, it had gone out, but the drum was clean and the house was still standing!

Setting things on fire is fun.

Oh, by the way, in case anyone wonders.... we didn't have a dog in those days!

Snorri
Lol it is indeed! OH has come home from work, who are now minus a few pallets, all carefully sawn up ready for use

Uh oh, I now smell smoke..... guess what he's doing lol
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 12:38 AM
I love firepits There's nothing better than sitting outside on a summer evening (when we have one to sit out in ) with the firepit blazing away.

Unfortunatly, I haven't convinced my OH that yet
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Wolfie........... You sit in your fire pit (when we have one to sit out in).......... isn't that dangerous. Please children dont try this at home lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2